Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanted a girl so bad!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I have a son already, I wanted a girl my whole life. Due to high risk pregnancies and wanting to homeschool we decided we aren't having any more.
I prayed and prayed that this was a girl, I wanted a little girl to dress up, do her hair, etc.
I found out this is a boy...

I am actually excited! I realized that I won't have to deal with a prissy little girl, periods, matted up hair, etc. I'll be able to take my boss camping without hearing how gross the bugs are! Call me crazy but I'm ecstatic!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Well when I found out I was pregnant this time around I prayed for a boy...I got two lol...Anyways my oldest is a girl so I am not worried..

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Quoting PEEK05:

I admit I may have been a little touchy since I basically did the same thing to convince myself is be happy with a girl ;)

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

laineysmum
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Quoting chalisa0:

I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I??

Sorry I've got nothing. I was being over defensive for sure :\

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I'm the exact opposite. Girls are way better. I don't have to worry about piss all over the place, ugly boy toys, the ugly boy clothes, oh lord and then teen boys? No thanks. Lol.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I have three girls so I am hoping for a boy.

CafeMom Tickers

kourtneya
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
My kiddos are the opposite. My ds hates getting dirty and bugs but my dd doesn't mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newfie_Mom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I'm the opposite I prayed and prayed and prayed for boys. I relate better to boys, or so I thought. I have 2 DDs and a DS. My one DD is down In the dirt, I want to play football, go fishing, camping and bugs of any kind are pets not to be squashed. Lol. I discovered gender stereotypes don't fit everyone.
thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Haha I'm with you! That is how I felt when I got pregnant with DS, nothing more I wanted than a girl. Got a boy. Wouldn't have it any other way now and I am SO thankful he is a he! If I have more kids I would hope for more boys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I never said girls are less valuable, in fact that's an idiotic statement for you to even infer from my post. I'm simply saying that I'm glad I'm having another boy, my brother never had a brother and neither did dh. As I said, I wanted a girl. Sue me for being happy with the gender of my baby!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's probably for the best because little girls aren't just for dressing up and playing with their hair.  Girls are just as valuable as boys and can do the same things boys can.  And I truly do not get the whole having to have one gender over the other.  It shouldn't matter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:34 AM
I agree. I have two girls, and let me tell you, girls are so much fun,just as your boys I'm sure.

Quoting PEEK05:

This all just sounds like a bunch of gender stereotypes to make you feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)