Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So excited!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

Today my son started his saline start on his insulin pump. He hates the pump holder, but we're hoping he'll get used to it. Next week he will be on the insulin. Let's hope this works out! :-)

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bribren
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Fingers crossed.

mom2acutiepie
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Once he gets used to the pump I bet he will love it. I have had mine for 15 years and I don't know what I would do without it. The amount of control I have now is great. I had horrible control before the pump. I swear I wouldn't be alive today if I wouldn't have gotten it. Tell him I say congrats and good luck with it. 

ZazaGoszzy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :-)

Quoting bribren:

Fingers crossed.

ZazaGoszzy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I've only had mine for 2 1/2 years, but it has literally saved my life. I got it when I was 5 months pregnant with DS. My a1c was a 10.2 at the beginning of my pregnancy, by the end it was a 6.0. Right now, I'm not in as much control as I was when I was pregnant. (I went into a depression a few months ago and stopped taking care of myself but with the pump my A1c wasn't as high as the 10.2) Right now, I'm at about an 8 or around there. I have to get my blood work done soon.

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

Once he gets used to the pump I bet he will love it. I have had mine for 15 years and I don't know what I would do without it. The amount of control I have now is great. I had horrible control before the pump. I swear I wouldn't be alive today if I wouldn't have gotten it. Tell him I say congrats and good luck with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured