Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wtf is this?!?! ***warning: bug pic!***

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 128 Replies

Mobile Photo

What the hell?! I found this gem in my tub. It's huge! No wings. Hard body. 6 jointed legs (like a spider's legs). Super freaking long feelers. What looks like pincers by its mouth. Either another pair of legs by it's butt, or it has another set of feelers. What is this?! My first thought was "holy shit I just found my first roach after living here almost 3 years," but it doesn't look like any roaches I've seen. I live in Missouri, if that helps.
I'm about to go get the neighbor kid to come get it lol. Maybe I'll put a glass over it and let him come dispose of it tomorrow.
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2_2542
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Stinkbug on steroids
Kitschy
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Camel crickets. I HATE THEM! I will never live in NC again!

LovemyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm thinking more along the lines of a type of cricket.

Kitschy
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

You have to go in to your crawl space to kill them. They are harmless but those fuckers can jump 4 feet in the air. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Woah! I've only ever seen little (or big) skinny, black crickets. I don't even live near NC!!

Quoting Kitschy:

BunnyFlick
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Catch it and ask around. You might look crazy but it should settle your mind. :)

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Dang. I've never seen a cricket like this before. Sucker is huge!! I've only ever seen black crickets, and they're usually much smaller.

Quoting LovemyQ:

i'm thinking more along the lines of a type of cricket.

smack05
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Camel cricket
Kitschy
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I read where you live and it scares the crap out of me that you are so close to me now. I have only seen them in NC. They call them "hoppers"  Nothing is worse than getting naked to get in the shower and see one in there. I was always afraid they would hop up in to my cooch! EW!

Quoting RissyLee:

Woah! I've only ever seen little (or big) skinny, black crickets. I don't even live near NC!!

Quoting Kitschy:

photo cff93b12-86de-46b2-be52-d4be4609e9b7_zpsf2ed7349.jpg

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Omg. I'm not going into my bathroom again. I can get ready at work in the morning! And I'll just hold my pee lol
I don't even think I have a crawl space... I have a basement, though.

Quoting Kitschy:

You have to go in to your crawl space to kill them. They are harmless but those fuckers can jump 4 feet in the air. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured