Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession: I lost my temper today and he cried.

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 28 Replies

My SO was working on dinner it was 6:30 and the 3 and 4 year old were supposed to eat at 5. It was just the 4 of us no other kids. I was working on the computer in the bedroom. He says can u keep an eye on the kids while I grab a couple of things (store is 2 blocks away)  I check the kitchen veggies simmering ok. go out to the patio where grill is on and kids are playing in back yard. The kids immediately start freaking out they are soo hungry. I am like ok I open the grill thinking I will check and see if there is anything close to being done. I take the lid off, knock a bowl of marinating meat on down on the ground by accident and realize the grill is empty. I grab all the meat go inside and begin to rinse the meat off and he walks in. I look straight at him and say "good to know running to the store was more important than the kids". He just says what? I reply in my nastiest voice possible with "you couldn't be bothered to put the meat on the grill before leaving" He says nothing, we are sitting at the table eating, he looks up at me with tears running down his face and says " I didn't want it to burn, and you were busy" I think my heart broke right there, all I could say was I am sorry and I was upset from everything going to shit all at once and that I am sorry I was mean and that he didn't deserve it. I also let him know that next time I would be happy to watch the food and the kids, my work could wait.

I feel so mean.  My guy sitting there with tears running down his face and it was so totally my fault.

btw the kids only ate like two bites each and wanted to go play so much for starving.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:37 AM
3 moms liked this

obviously you need to get off CM and snuggle up to your hubby and tell him your sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:37 AM

He needs to toughen up a bit...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Ahh poor guy. I'm glad you realized you did wrong and was big enough to admit it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
He cried because you snapped at him? Woah.
TattedReader
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
it happens. I'm surprised at the tears though. seems more like the roles would be reversed in my house (if I ever get past the angry part to get to tears). I've only ever seen DH cry a few times and are usually happy tears.
BunnyFlick
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Everyone has off days. Just make sure you make it up to him! He clearly doesn't deserve that.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

liels898
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:44 AM

It's wonderful that you realized your error and apologized. Obviously he's stressed for that to be such a big blow. Hopefully y'all can have some alone time and it'll just be in the past. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Is he emotionally unstable?

Era5182
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Oh Man I know you are torn up inside...its hurts when you know youve hurt the person you love!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)