Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was right

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

A few days ago I posted about a dilemma my Bf and I were having about him visiting his father and helping out with the family buisness. I would share the post but for some reason it was deleted, not actually sure why. Anyways. Most of you said I was being selfish. Bf decided to tell his father he could only go for the 6 days we had agreed upon. 

His father replied "forget it" and that was it. Bf was upset and while I overheard him talking ot his brother I realized that he would be missing out on seeing his brothers because of the issues I have with his father. I told him that he could go for the entire time his father wanted because it wasnt fair that he shouldnt be able to visit his brothers because his father is unkind about our relationship. 

Well he then emails his father back and says he can go for the whole time, but he didnt appreciate his fathers rude manner in stating it. The father doesnt write back for a few days, his initial response was immediate..like fifteen minutes tops. 

Well the younger brother informed me today that the father just wanted Bf up there so he could talk him into staying there and leaving me. He also sent Bf a brand new chromebook (computer) for no reason! The younger brother informed me that his dad had done it to guilt his son. 

Bf is pretty upset with his dad right now. I knew he was trying to manipulate his son. Ugh I can not stand that man. 

I was wrong in being selfish, I am glad I realized it. In the end, his father emailed saying he wasn't going to need him to come help after all. We are just going to plan a trip up there in the next month to visit his brothers, the real reason he wanted to go. They are not as unkind about us. Actually the youngest brother and I are pretty good friends. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Not sure what that means, but ok. lol

OklahomaWifey
by ♥HerWife4Life♥ on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Sorry, Momma... It does suck when it involes your S.O. and his family. I see your frustrations, but I always make it a point not to get involved with 'family issues'. Seems they've had them for awhile. Stand up for your guy, but remember that this is his family... Not an old high school buddy. Don't get in the argument too deep!! Good luck!!

Happy Lesbian, married to my Bestfriend =) Life can't get much better!!lesbiansgay pride ribbon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Quoting OklahomaWifey:

Sorry, Momma... It does suck when it involes your S.O. and his family. I see your frustrations, but I always make it a point not to get involved with 'family issues'. Seems they've had them for awhile. Stand up for your guy, but remember that this is his family... Not an old high school buddy. Don't get in the argument too deep!! Good luck!!

Thank you. I honestly need to remind myself of that all time time. I take everything they say to heart and honestly it hurts my feelings. I am just really wounded that they won't even take the time to get to know me. I am trying to steer clear of the family drama, they have a lot of it though and I am not the best and keeping my nose out of things lol. Working on that though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN