Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Update* Yep, you were a b**** to the wrong person. Good luck with that.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
12 moms liked this
My boss and I are doing open interviews tomorrow, and the funniest thing happened on Monday! Background info; I've been a manager in a retail setting for a few months now, and I've worked there for about a year total.
On Monday, I was helping a lady with an exchange, and she was being super condescending and rude to me. She kept trying to correct me while I was explaining things to her and looked at me like I was some dumb kid that was going to screw things up for her (I'm 27, but look much younger, and I had my hair up in a ponytail, which didn't help). I was having no trouble whatsoever in helping her, but she still kept interrupting me and talking to me like I was an idiot. I just stayed professional and tried to keep being patient and clear.
When I'd finished with her, she pointed at my co-manager and asked "is that *T*?" I said yes, and he walked over and started talking to him, sweet as pie, and handed him an application. He told her, "the next step would be to come to our open interviews between four and eight on Wednesday. I'd say I'm looking forward to it, but I won't be here; you'll be interviewing with *M* [store manager who is leaving and passing the gauntlet to *T* and myself] or *D*" *motions to me*
I just smiled. The look on her face was PRICELESS!
That's right. The woman you were just so incredibly rude to will be doing your interview, and should you be hired (because of your obvious people skills), she'll be your manager. Have a great day.

Moral of the story? If you are applying for a job somewhere, be nice to every employee you encounter. You never know which one you'll want to like you. ;D

UPDATE
Well, she didn't show. During the window when we were doing the interviews, the phone rang, and I happened to be between people and answered it.
Me - *generic phone greeting*
Caller - "Can I speak with a manager please?"
Me - "sure can! My name is ___, what can I help you with?"
Caller - "oh, uh... Can I speak with... *M* please?"
Me - "he's actually helping someone right now (he was interviewing someone), is there something I could do for you?"
Caller - "..."
Me - "I'm sorry, are you there?"
Caller - "I'll hold for *M*."
*M* finishes with his interviewee and takes the call. I heard bits and pieces of his side of the conversation.
"I'm sorry, I don't have any availability next week for a one-on-one interview, but I could set up a time with *D* for you. Ah ok. I totally understand. We'll keep your app on file for up to a year. Have a great day."
Turns out it was her; she called and specifically asked for *M* saying that she had something she needed to do today but that she wanted to set up an interview with him for next week (this is *M's last week here). When he said he couldn't do it. It would set her up with me, she changed her story and said that her circumstances had changed and she couldn't take a job with us at this time.
I get the feeling that she just might be avoiding me. ;)

So, I didn't get the thrill of interviewing her, but perhaps she still learned a lesson from the whole shebang.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Bump
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

And YOU didn't videotape this.......SMDH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Hahahhahaha. My mom worked at McDonald's as a part time job a few years ago. Sw lady came in there and told my mom she was stupid. The bitch left her keys on the table. My mom threw them into the dumpster and when bitch came back my mom said she hadn't seen any keys. Apparently the bitch's work keys were on there and since we are from a small town we heard she was fired for losing them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Oh c'mon ladies, that shit was FUNNY ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I wish I would've gotten a pic of her expression. It was so satisfying.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Ah justice! ;D

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahahhahaha. My mom worked at McDonald's as a part time job a few years ago. Sw lady came in there and told my mom she was stupid. The bitch left her keys on the table. My mom threw them into the dumpster and when bitch came back my mom said she hadn't seen any keys. Apparently the bitch's work keys were on there and since we are from a small town we heard she was fired for losing them.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Doesn't your store have video cameras/tapes????

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:01 AM
3 moms liked this
Sadly no.
Although that does mean I can pick a wedgie without ducking into a blind spot, so that's a plus.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Haha my husband works for Arbys and these college dudes came in and made a big mess at like 3tables. Dh had to clean in. One of them ledt his arm brace there. He came back in to get it and asked my dh if he had seen it. Dh said nope sure haven't. And if it was at the messy table then it in the trash. The guy told my dh well go look for it. Dh told him nope you can. Guy got pissed and left.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Shoot......I was going to suggest copying the video surveillance tape, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly no.
Although that does mean I can pick a wedgie without ducking into a blind spot, so that's a plus.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN