Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Petition to make 'Party in the USA' our national anthem

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 64 Replies

People have truly lost their minds! apparently there are already over 600 signatures. I'm sure our founding fathers would be so proud...better yet, I'm sure our soldiers would be thrilled to know that the freedoms they're fighting so hard to protect are the ones that afford these jackasses the right to have this petition considered as a "human right" and "what is best for this country"

link

File photo of Miley Cyrus (© Alexander Tamargo/WireImage/Getty Images)

Petition to make 'Party in the USA' our national anthem needs our help

It's a great day in America when we consider taking off our hats to solemnly move our hips like yeahhh. As of Tuesday afternoon, 613 people had signed a petition urging President Obama to change our national anthem from Francis Scott Key's boring "Star-Spangled Banner" to Miley Cyrus' patriotic ode "Party in the U.S.A." The We the People petition needs at least 100,000 signatures by Aug. 1 for the White House to even look at it. Meaning we've only got 99,000-plus signatures to go! "It is what is best for this country," reads the petition, which is filed under the "Firearms," "Human Rights" and "Arts and Humanities" categories. Can't we unite to get behind a girl with a dream and a cardigan?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM

BUMP!

TCup18
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sad.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Oh ffs
ashleymosq
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My girls love sing the National Anthem. There is nooo way I would let them even listen to that song, let alone sing it...
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Because a pop-tart like Miley Cyrus should be representative of the entire nation...

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM

As a Veteran and American I will be ashamed of this Country if they allow this to happen. (which it will be nearly impossible to do this; but you never know)

shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

agreed. I can't say my kids have even heard the song either.

Quoting ashleymosq:

My girls love sing the National Anthem. There is nooo way I would let them even listen to that song, let alone sing it...

ashleymosq
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I know my kids haven't lol. They listen to either their Little People CD, or what me and DH listens to. That is 80s and 90s rock lol and some country.

Quoting shabbalaquita:

agreed. I can't say my kids have even heard the song either.

Quoting ashleymosq:

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Exactly how old are the people that want this?  And no flippin way.

shabbalaquita
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM

of course it would never happen. I do find it sad that a mere 100,000 signatures are needed for it to be considered. I wouldn't necessarily count that as any sort of majority.

In any case considering the quacks that are running things right now I wouldn't necessarily be surprised

Quoting vetNmommy:

As a Veteran and American I will be ashamed of this Country if they allow this to happen. (which it will be nearly impossible to do this; but you never know)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)