Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wont let birthmom see DD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies

I adopted DD from her birthmom as a newborn. She was born addicted to meth and it was very rough. We had a closed adoption and agreed with no contact. I had no contact with bm but i know she has been in and out of jail and gone to rehab several times. My DD knows about her birthmother and the issues she has. She is 16 now. Well birthmom keeps trying to make contact. My DD wants nothing to do with her and does NOT want to meet her. I tell her this and she just keeps trying. I am not going to force my daughter to see her if she doesnt want to. Well she showed up at our door. I took her out to lunch (without DD) and we talked. I thanked her so much for letting me adopt DD. I told her that there are no words to express what a blessing she is. I talked about her acomplishments and what she wants to do with her life. I also told her that she does NOT want to meet her. She got very angry with me. I told her I did not feel it was a good thing to force DD and when the time was right she would find her. We left on a more or less good note. She keeps calling me. My DD does NOT want to meet her. I do not want to force her and bm keeps calling. I do not know what to do =/

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

good for you our information is confidential so if birthmoms wanted to find my kids they couldnt

Kristen.Marie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
18 moms liked this
Get a restraining order
eSamsMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Sucks to say this, but get an order of protection if you have to. That sounds like stalking.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Change your number

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Block her number from your phones and get a restraining order for you and dd. That's insane. No means no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Ours was supposed to be. I really have no clue how she found us. I mean she knew my first name and dhs first name but nothing more than that. We live about 45 minutes away from where she lives. 

We never thought this would be an issue

Quoting momaof8:

good for you our information is confidential so if birthmoms wanted to find my kids they couldnt

MomOf2LilGirls
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I would tell her if it didn't stop that I would file harrassment charges against her.  You can't force your daughter to meet the woman if she just isn't ready.

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Aren't there laws against her contacting you since it was a closed adoption? And how does she know your name, number or address?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I dont think there are laws about it. I just know the records are sealed. I have no clue how she found us. She knew our names but we live about 45 minutes away from her so IDK exactly how 

Quoting Decemberlov:

Aren't there laws against her contacting you since it was a closed adoption? And how does she know your name, number or address?

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You might have to get a restraining order. It sounds like she is harassing you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)