Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How important is it to you that your partner smells good? [POLL]

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 103 Replies

Poll

Question: How important is it to you that your partner smells good?

Options:

Extremely! Stinky is a dealbreaker.

Somewhat - but sweat happens!

Not at all - bring on the garlic breath!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 500

View Results

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM
8 moms liked this
No if you haven't been around your partner stink yet, you must be dating and not married.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
4 moms liked this
Obviously I wouldn't leave him if he was too ill to shower or kept farting from a bad stomach. Love is seeing each other at your worst and not caring.
But if there was persistent bad hygiene we'd be having words....
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't like ring around stinky people. Not just my partner. I'm not asking for cologne or perfume, I'm just saying wash up with soap and water and wear deodorant, brush your teeth or get a mint.
SecularMomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My husband has very good hygiene. It's rare to smell anything foul from him. I don't even mind a little sweat stink for a bit after he's been outside or busy. But he always showers right away.

jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM

If he stinks because he just won't wash we would have a problem. He comes home from work in the summer and he automatically showers because he gets stinky at work. If there was some kind of health issue that cause it I would want to look into getting it fixed. 

MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
4 moms liked this

i have high standards for stink. If my husband is stinky, i make him take a shower before nookie. lol It grosses me out. We've been together 9 yrs, & I still dont like stink!

mickstinator
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM

it doesn't bother me too much, but if it is lingering, i will mention it as tactfully as manageable! lol! 

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM
My SO always smells good but does get sweaty from time to time because he works outside in the summer months.
I'm not turned off if he's sweaty....he becomes sexier when his body is all shiny from sweat.
vboatner
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been married for 7 years and my husband never stinks. Unless I walk into the bathroom after him, but then technically that is the bathroom that stinks.

Quoting Anonymous:

No if you haven't been around your partner stink yet, you must be dating and not married.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the way he smells when he starts to sweat. I don't like body odor or bad breath but he is really anal about that kind of stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)