Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have your tubes tied?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

I want to get my tubes tied soon. I took 3 years to think about having another child after my second, and over the past few months I've become completely, 100% content with our life with 2 :) What is the procedure like? Was it painful at all? Do they put you under or just use local anesthesia?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I had it done right after they did my C sectioin or maybe I should say at the same time.No complications no more pain that I had with 1st section.

TB78
by Tasha on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I have the paraguard iud.

Here's a BUMP! for you

mom2acutiepie
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I got mine tied in December. I got it done during my c-section. I had no pain other than the pain from the c-section. I'm sorry I couldn't answer more of your questions.
Sweetie1216
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Bump! Great questions, I'm looking into this as well. I have 2 kids and we're done :)

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I had mine cut & burned which is a large bikini line scar instead of a tiny scar by your belly button. I hate the large scar but the failure rates are much lower & that was very important to me. My youngest was about three when I had it done. You are under anesthesia for the one I had. Idk about the other. It has been 20 years & I've never had a problem.
kzuehlk
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I had mine tied two months ago.

They put me completely under and made three small incisions - belly button, bottom of my stomach, and one just behind the cervix. I was in a lot of pain when they first woke me up and pretty loopy the rest of that day. The incisions were a little tender, but it wasn't bad. Recovery didn't take long either, but I could definitely feel it if I over did it (I was climbing on the kitchen counter the next day cleaning the tops and regretted it later that night)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisAngel91
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I had mine cut, burned and tied. I only have two small holes. On by the belly and one by the bikini line. That you cant even see. Got mine done april of this year. I was put under.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

I had mine cut & burned which is a large bikini line scar instead of a tiny scar by your belly button. I hate the large scar but the failure rates are much lower & that was very important to me. My youngest was about three when I had it done. You are under anesthesia for the one I had. Idk about the other. It has been 20 years & I've never had a problem.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Well like I said, mine was 20 years ago. Back then, from what my doctor said, the only one they did with the tiny scar was with the scope & it has a much higher failure rate.

Quoting HisAngel91:

I had mine cut, burned and tied. I only have two small holes. On by the belly and one by the bikini line. That you cant even see. Got mine done april of this year. I was put under.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Kitschy
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I have Essure. I wish I would have just left my body alone. Here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)