Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

migraine mama's i need you...

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 161 Replies
I hate migraines!

I have an aura at the moment, soon it will be a migraine...ugh!

My migraines have changed to having a headache for a couple days prior to getting the stupid migraine.

As a migraine sufferer what have you found that helps?
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I had to type this with one eye, because my vision in my right eye is pretty much void at the moment... :(
jamianne
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Caffeine.  I despise coffee, but I keep it in the house just for when I get migraines. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Excedrin migrain, they pulled it but I hear its back. But I take a tylenol and two advils. The tylenol helps with pain and the advil helps take away the pounding effect I get when I have a migraine. I also take a hot shower and use a heating pad on my neck.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Dark, cold room and drinking a lot of water. I get them when I'm dehydrated.
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I had two cups if coffee already this morning...

And have the shakes now cause of it :(

Quoting jamianne:

Caffeine.  I despise coffee, but I keep it in the house just for when I get migraines. 

blue_elephant
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I can't drive with vision loss, its not safe...all I have is tylenol and midol...

Quoting Anonymous:

Excedrin migrain, they pulled it but I hear its back. But I take a tylenol and two advils. The tylenol helps with pain and the advil helps take away the pounding effect I get when I have a migraine. I also take a hot shower and use a heating pad on my neck.

blue_elephant
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I get them regardless of hydration, I hate my head!

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Dark, cold room and drinking a lot of water. I get them when I'm dehydrated.
just_hc
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Prescription meds!  I don't know why anyone suffers thru them.  Either they have no insurance or they really don't have a migraine.  I wouldn't survive without my meds!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quoting blue_elephant:

I can't drive with vision loss, its not safe...all I have is tylenol and midol...

Quoting Anonymous:

I have taken midol before for a migrain when I had nothing else. It did not make it go completely away but it helped and it has caffeine.

Perfctmomof3brm
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I love exedrin migraine too but when its real bad I have to take it every 2-3 hours even tho I shouldn't. Then I lay down with an ice pack and have to try to sleep it off. Mix it in with a little coke for the caffeine. I put aside my whole bottle of hydrocodone from after my baby and I save it for days I just cant knock it...its my last resort and it does wonders!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)