Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ladies, I need a bit of wedding help. Pretty please?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 29 Replies

SO and I have been discussing our plans for the wedding. No, he has not formally proposed yet, but, we are practical people. We have set the date as October 31, 2015. Yes, Halloween. It is to be a dry wedding, family friendly, just a ton of fun. We have decided it will be Masquerade Ball Themed. Sort of a costume party. The kids can come dressed and we will have a break in the festivities for them to go trick or treating around the area while we take our pictures and then we are setting up candy stations at each table so the kids can trick or treat throughtout the reception.

My problem is this. I am having a hard time finding a dress to fit a Mask Ball. I want white, but color embellishments if I can, preferably red or black, as those are our colors. I had one picked out, but I don't think it fits the theme. I would like to put a deposit down on the dress as soon as possible, since I know it will more than likely need to be custom made. Anyone have any key word suggestions for sites or know of any sites themselves?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
This one is beautiful!

Quoting AJsMom81507:

kagegirl
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Oooooh, What site is this from?? I likey

Quoting AJsMom81507:

kagegirl
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Do you remember the site or company? I want to check this one out too. I am so excited because I finally get my big wedding and SO and my tastes are so similar that we are just having fun fun fun planning this. 

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Sounds like a awesome wedding. I like the dresses posted. Try to Google it. Talk to a wedding dress place where you live to see if they have suggestions. Good luck.
ktwister
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Have you tried Etsy?

kagegirl
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I have tried googling masquerade ball wedding gowns, and it got me crap. I am messing around with different combos of words now to see what I find

Quoting Seagodess:

Sounds like a awesome wedding. I like the dresses posted. Try to Google it. Talk to a wedding dress place where you live to see if they have suggestions. Good luck.

kagegirl
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Not yet. Wanna know why? BECAUSE IT"S OBVIOUS and I am just that out of it this morning. Off to Etsy I go!!!

Quoting ktwister:

Have you tried Etsy?

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM

etsy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)