Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why start smoking?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 41 Replies

So, why did you start smoking?

My mom is 61 and has been smoking since she was 12, she said she started smoking because it was the "cool" thing to do.  She said when her mother caught her and her 7 siblings smoking, she made them each eat a cigarette...My mom said it was so disgusting every one was throwing up and got sick...However everyone of them smoke to this day.

What are the positives of smoking? 

For those of you who say you quit every time you become pregnant, why would you start smoking again if you were able to refrain for 9 months?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I started when I was a teen because I was an idiot who thought it looked tough. I quit in my early twenties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM

no positives. i started when i was 16 and i did it to fit in. everyone else was doing it. i quit when i got pregnant but started again because i felt stressed. total bullshit. i have since quit and even tried a cigarette a few months ago just to see if i would still like it (dumg, i know) but it was fucking horrible and i almost threw up. i can say with confidence that i will never smoke again.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I tried clove cigarettes at 18 and loved the taste. After I smoked them for awhile, I started getting sick of the very strong flavor but I still wanted to smoke. So I moved to menthols. There's not really a positive to smoking other than it scratches an itch.
Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I like smoking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I experimented with it at 13-15. Then went to college at 18 and everyone smoked cloves at the parties, so I started doing that. Then me and my bf (now DH) were smoking cloves so regularly, we figured it'd be cheaper to switch to cigs. That was 15 years ago. We are now 10 days smoke-free.

akmaldo
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I started bc my friend was smoking. Her and i had just walked in on my then bf hooking up with some girl so I lit up right there like I had been smoking for years lol. I was 17 at the time. I smoked for five years and just recently quit a little over a month ago.

There are no positives other than they tastecreally good after eating or if you're super stressed. It's a dirty habit.
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I started smoking when i was 12 just because i wanted to try it. I do it on and off.
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

i started because mom smoked and I had friends who smoked. I don't anymore though

KGreen75
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

What do you like about it?

Quoting Sister.Menses:

I like smoking.

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
It calms my nerves. The taste. The way it feels blowing the smoke out.

Quoting KGreen75:

What do you like about it?

Quoting Sister.Menses:

I like smoking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)