Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH said some weird stuff....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About pills. I had a procedure last week and got some pain meds. That night he asked how many i got, i said i didnt know. And didnt really think anything of it. Then the next day i gave him one because he hurt his back in a fall last week and said it was acting up. Then i had a set back and got more meds on monday. He told me yesterday to save a pill or two for this weekend, that he liked them and said, if i wasnt a resposible adult i could see being a pill addict. Those things were awesome. Would you be worried, just let it go?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Replies (21-27):
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I would be concerned and I wouldn't save anything for him.  Some might see it as overreacting, but comments like that would worry me.

Marimaru
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Honestly, I'd count them and be sure I knew how many I had at that point.  I'd also tell him I wouldn't be saving him any just because he liked them.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
A lot of people enjoy pain pills. I just wouldn't want it to turn into a problem.
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Not the fact there are pills in the home. The fact your DH wants to take them for recreational use w/ kids in the home. That would scare the shit out of me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? I keep my all medication out of reach of any child. It was just a little weird his statement about liking them so much. 

Quoting Nickie76:

Scary if you have kids in the house!

tifbrown
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
That's good. But, it doesn't take long or much for addiction to ruin a good person. Take into consideration I'm overly cautious about this stuff having gone through dealing with a spouse with an addiction problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know. I actually gave him a total of two. Then on sunday i was wishing i had them cause i was in pain. I trust him and he is a good husband and father, very responsible and takes good care of his family. It just made my brain twinge a little at what he said. 

Quoting tifbrown:

That would be a little concerning. I would tell him to back off my pills and that they are for MY pain management, not his fun haha.

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I wouldn't give him any more pills either. 

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

If you need prescription pills to relax, then there is already a problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Give him one. He was joking and he isn't going to get addicted off one or two weekends of relaxing! I mean if u r worried talk to him about it but most likely you are fine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured