Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA** zimmerman...black panthers. opinions??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

(pic is at the bottom of this post)

ETA: MORE ON THE STORY HERE

my opinions?

1- zimmerman is not even white

2- how is this going to make anything better?

3- stats show that black on black crime is among the highest percentage

Additionally, I read the following excerpt on Tommy Jordan's Fb (the guy who shot his daughter's laptop) and it epitomizes what my thoughts on the topic have been all along:

"I really don't care whether one particular hispanic man racially killed a black teenager in Florida. I DO care that a young man is dead. That's about all I care about at all. It's a shame he's no longer with his family.

As for the nation itself rising up in protest - you sorry bastards need to get a life. If you look over to another town here in the US, let's just take Chicago for example - 18 homicides in the first ten days of this year. That's 2 people killed per day. No one really gives a damn, or at least not enough of one to stop it - yet this yoyo gets national TV coverage non-stop for weeks now. Hundreds of millions are being spent covering and advertising the Zimmerman case for our sadistic viewing pleasure here at home.

Here's an idea - turn the damned cameras off, get out of that courtroom, and let that trial proceed however it's going to. Take all that money the media and networks have got to waste, give it all to Chicaco PD and let THEM see if they can come up with a better way to spend it aside from showing me non-stop footage of a fat hispanic in a suit sitting in a room.

One more kid was killed in the US, HOW long ago? (I don't know nor care, really) and people are jumping up and down about it, but yet we have about 40 homicides per day in the US you know NOTHING about and don't care to. In the last 24 hours, a man named Alejandro Alvares was killed. He was 22 years old. You didn't hear about it and didn't care. A couple days ago, a woman was killed on Jarvis st in a town in California. You don't stay tuned for that one do you?

All of you sitting at home glued to the Zimmerman case, get a life. Get off the couch and go hug your kids. Then go do something productive. Nothing about one guy killing another is doing jack shit for or against you or your beliefs in racial equality, fairness, or the goodness of humanity. If you want to defuse the "national fear" that's circulating around this case, then stop being part of the problem. Turn off the TV. It's that simple.

We are a society that has really turned into a bunch of sick voyeuristic idiots who love nothing more than to rally behind any cause we can drum up, where there are a lot of good causes already needing our attention. I read last week that the nation is at risk of riots worse than Rodney King over this incident... Really? Two guys get into a fight in the street, one of them winds up dead, and you dumb-asses want to start riots? THAT's a solution. If you're one of those people - you're what's wrong with this country."

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

bump

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I know nothing about this case..whats the deal?Violence on any level will not solve anything,it makes it worse.

missmamaof4
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

oh thats frickin nice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Florida and this scares me.

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry-I have a huge problem believing the validity of this picture. The Black Panther party is virtually extinct and has been that way for years. yes-you have your few militant Black Panther leaders but they are no where near the huge numbers they use to have in the 60s

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Ignorant people is what they are
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Fucking pieces of shit are a danger to society and should have their asses rot in jail. Gtfo of here.
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I dare them to come to my neighborhood.  We have assault weapons that we are not afraid to use.  I will not let my family get harmed.  I hope people are smart enough to protect themselves.

I have not seen this picture though.  I don't know if it's true or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I refuse to watch the trial. but I do agree that more violence will solve nothing

Quoting ashley9603:

I know nothing about this case..whats the deal?Violence on any level will not solve anything,it makes it worse.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I do not watch court tv.  I prefer to read my news.  Groups like the Black Panthers exist because there are two types of justice in this country -- black and white.  This is not to say that I throw out my support for them, but I do understand why they exist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)