Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Go with sister

Try for the job

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

I moved away from my family about four months ago. My husband is stationed in west Texas. I have been looking for work on a regular basis. So far, I haven't had much luck. In late June, my sister asked me to come home and accompany her to a medical appointment for her movement disorder. Of course I said yes, she is my only blood sister. Her appt is in mid August.

Today I talked to the HR dept of a place I want to work at. They are very similar to my last job. They are hiring starting August 1 and training is mandatory and attendance is a big deal in training. I need this job.

DH makes enough to carry us but theres no room for extras or savings at this time. He says my not working isn't a burden, but I feel like it is.

What would do? Go with my sister and possibly lose my chances at this job or blow off sister and get that money?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyCorrupt
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

BUMP

tifbrown
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Talk to your sis, explain the situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
It's only money. Your sister is far more important than that. Go.
LovelyCorrupt
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Im waiting for her to get off work. She is really scared of what they are gonna tell her. I am scared too and I know she wants me to be there, just in case. Im terrified of what she is gonna say to me

Quoting tifbrown:

tifbrown
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Is there anyone else who can go with her?

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

Im waiting for her to get off work. She is really scared of what they are gonna tell her. I am scared too and I know she wants me to be there, just in case. Im terrified of what she is gonna say to me

Quoting tifbrown:

LovelyCorrupt
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM

My mom said the same thing. If there were more kids in the family, it would be an easy choice but it's only Grace and me

Quoting Anonymous:

lulalacroix
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM

So if you miss training you may lose the job?  Can you explain to your sister?  Does she have someone else that could go with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Go, honey. Be there for your sis in what may be a super scary moment for her. You'll find something else.

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

My mom said the same thing. If there were more kids in the family, it would be an easy choice but it's only Grace and me

Quoting Anonymous:

LovelyCorrupt
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Our mom said she would go but she and my sister butt heads a lot. They live in Kentucky and the appt is in Nashville and sister said she hates roadtrips with mom. Her stbx dh wanted to go, she told him to fck off and die :(

Quoting tifbrown:

Is there anyone else who can go with her?

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

Quoting tifbrown:

LovelyCorrupt
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:15 PM

No one reliable. Even tho I live 1600 miles from them, im the best bet

Quoting lulalacroix:

So if you miss training you may lose the job?  Can you explain to your sister?  Does she have someone else that could go with her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)