Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Big Dog Vent Post! *pics*

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 196 Replies
4 moms liked this

I have a boxer; she isn't huge, but she's 70 lbs.  She's a giant lovebug who hides when somebody knocks on our door.

I am so sick and tired of hearing people call her a pit bull, say I shouldn't have her around my baby, say she's vicious, etc.

In a perfect world people would be a bit more educated about dogs.

Please, have a look at my big, vicious dog (who, by the way, is named Mushy because she has a mushy face lol):

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people believe everything is a pit. So cute by the way! She looks like a lovebug.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I don't have a dog, SO was attacked by one as a child & refuses to let us have one. But I LOVE big dogs. If I could get SO to cave, I would probably get a Great Dane or something along those lines. :) 

And I HATE when people are uneducated about dog breeds. I used to have a Dalmation/Catahoula mix & everyone thought she was a pit. -_- I love pitties, but she was not one! 

ktwister
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

She is so lovable looking.  Boxers always have the best facial expressions.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

awww....is she a full boxer? The one pic where she's looking directly at the camera, she looks like she has a mastiff face.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Love the last pic - total love bug.

My sister has two boxers.  They are the sweetest, cutest dogs ever.

AshKerBear2013
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

cute!

mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally looks Boxer.....Only the uneducated would call her "pit"....I think she's adorable.  Boxers are sweet dogs by nature, so why not have one around a small child.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg her face is all mushy!! Soooo cute!! I love big dogs too. My mom just got another great dane!

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Boxer are so good with kids. I have never met a mean one. I have known some wild ones but they weren't mean just a little extra happy to see people and get love. I don't understand why people confuse boxers with pits I don't see the similarity in them personally. Plus pits are usually great family dogs when they are raised with a loving family they typically become loving loyal family members.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Meh.  I don't care what people think/say about my dog (s).

I've had everything from pitt/shepherd mix to itty bitty chihuahua.  I only get irked when someone else's dog is being a complete asshole and charges me on my evening run and I get "I'm trying to tell you, he would NEVER bite!  He is a black lab!"  Wtf, then why did I move my arm up just in time, dumbass?  I guess he is a black lab so I imagined it?  Lol

Also, keepyour golden from running into my front yard trying to eat my chihuahua.  Or we'll be having words. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)