Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband told me he wanted to get another wife.....I am so angry and hurt right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

My husband is a theologist and he has always been eccentric but its never been something I could not live with. Recently he started reading some theology books about polygamy and cultures that practice this. He is a college professor so I thought this was all a part of class. Last night he told me that he wanted to talk to just me and to take our kids to my mothers. He told me that he wanted to get a bride from africa and bring her over here and make her his second wife. He told me that she would serve as his sexual companion and would give him more children and that even though we would still have sex he would not expect more kids from me so I could continue my education and finish my grad work. I did not say anything I got up went to my room and packed a bag and went to my moms and did not return with kids. He keeps calling and msg me but I cannot talk to him right now because if I do I think my head will explode and I might do something I regret. I am literally seeing red right now. I am just torn if whether this is just one of his crazy ideas that will go away or if he is serious enough to go through with it. In which case its time to get a lawyer. I am torn on what to do or even how to handle this. What do I even tell my DD and DS?

I know this sounds like a Troll post but it really is not. i really wish I could say it was.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madisonismylife
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Wow. Thats crazy. I have no idea what to say so here is a bump for u!
MaliyahsMommy23
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I can't even imagine. Being a 'sister wife' is not something I could ever do. Good luck <3
Anonandon
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I know what I'd say to my husband if he brought this up and was serious about it.  I'm not sure what I'd say to the kids though.  How old are they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM

My DD is 8 and my DS is 12.

Quoting Anonandon:

I know what I'd say to my husband if he brought this up and was serious about it.  I'm not sure what I'd say to the kids though.  How old are they?

PookiePanda
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Wow.. I don't even know how to advise you here..

EmilyG10
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be seeing red too. If he is serouis I would be talking with a lawyer but then again if he wasn't why would he bring it up?

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

talk to him,tell him this is a dealbreaker for you..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM
12 moms liked this

Tell him you want the same.  Another husband could come in handy.  Sorry you chose a shitty husband, btw. 

tcuplb
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this
This is why men shouldn't read... I'm sorry hun! And good for you for not putting up with this bs!
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM

why is he so specific about a bride from Africa???  ;-( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)