Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deposition

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

Anyone been through one? It's not me going through it, it's my ex and one of his family members but I have to be there. I know generally what to expect but would like to hear first hand experience. And are you expectedd to "dress up" as you would for court? 

ETA: I'm not being questioned as of yet *fingers crossed* it's only ex and someone in his family, I haven't received anything from him yet though

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM

anyone??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Yes you dress decent. No, I've never been through one. Thankfully. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM

As of now *I* don'thave to go through it, just sit through theirs but don't want to be totally lost/thrown off when I get there lol. I have to go shopping for a court outfit anyway so guess I'll pick up another shirt for this too. Yuck. Of course it's been either super rainy or super hot here too!

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I have been through one and DH was not allowed in the room during the proceedings.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, even if you aren't the one you still dress decent. I wouldn't spend money on anything new though. I'd find something I already had.
Feel free to send that rain my way. Just super hot here!

Quoting Anonymous:

As of now *I* don'thave to go through it, just sit through theirs but don't want to be totally lost/thrown off when I get there lol. I have to go shopping for a court outfit anyway so guess I'll pick up another shirt for this too. Yuck. Of course it's been either super rainy or super hot here too!

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I had to give one recently. It was really rough for me because of their tactics and my fear of speaking in front of a group. Dress decently, meaning don't come in showing your tits, stomach, and ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM

DH has to be at work anyway so not really a big issue. I know my attorney is planning 2 of them back to back (no idea how long we'll be there!) Hoping they don't ask me for one too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been through one and DH was not allowed in the room during the proceedings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)