Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Middle/Upper Class. Who do you think... ETA!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

Grows your produce? Raises your livestock? Ships your products to the store? Bags your groceries? Cleans your house? Watches your children? Makes your clothes? 

Generally speaking, lower class people. Might be time to get off your high horse, don't ya think??

Edit to add, since I obviously failed to make my point even remotely clearly (oops!): 

There has been talk on CM of what to do about the lower class, or welfare recipients. Many people have demonized the lower class to the point where they're seen as an abomination. 

Some people think getting rid of the lower class is the answer. Let them starve, they say. Well, the fact of the matter is, the entire socioeconomic structure relies on the roles of ALL people, lower class included. The lower class would not exist without the upper, and the upper would not exist without the lower. THAT is the point. We all help each other, and failing to coexist over something so trivial as economic status is quite ignorant. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Pretty big assumption that all us consumers are snotty about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Quoting teri4lance:

Pretty big assumption that all us consumers are snotty about it.

Im only referring to the snotty ones :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
6 moms liked this

We are not on high horses but there is a reason why we are where we are. It's called smart decisions, education and self control and we have no reason to be ashamed of it. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this
K. I dont treat any "class" of people differently. I try to judge based on character ;)
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

im lmc but i agree lol the lower class population provide servises that are really vital to the world .someone has to do the low paid dirty/dangerous jobs and my hat is off to them .especially when they are harshly judged but the snobs upper class

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyone has a job in life. They can choose to do what ever job they want.
I judge no one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

We are not on high horses but there is a reason why we are where we are. It's called smart decisions, education and self control and we have no reason to be ashamed of it. 

Theres no need for shame. I, too am educated. But consideration could be useful. 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM

LMAO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)