Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I stay up til 3 AM+ watching tv and dont get out of bed til 11:30 AM or later

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

I work as a lunch lady and have summers off.  I got on this crazy schedule.  I can't sleep at night and can't get up in the morning!  HOW CAN I TURN THIS AROUND?

I feel emotionally empty.  I feel real shitty during the day and better at night.  My kids are grown. I feel down.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Oh ok
Mcelly
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
4 moms liked this

Take ambien for a few days to reset your schedule. Wake up in the morning, enjoy a nice cup of coffee, then go for a nice walk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this

You work early all school year.  Maybe you need time to just 'chill'.  If your not working; why have a 'schedule'?? Enjoy your time...whenever you want it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

This is my daily routine, but I work 2nd and 3rd shifts...

Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Start going to bed one hour earlier for a few days, then an hour earlier for a few days, etc till you get to the time you want to be at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I need sleeping pills to go to sleep.

Try some for a couple nights to get back on track. Set an alarm to wake up at a time that would feel better to you.
Go to your room right after you take a pill (unisom works best ) don't watch tv, read instead. Within 30 min you should be able to fall asleep.
Do this for a few nights and you should start to regulate a better sleeping pattern
Jenn_A
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been there!! I had to take melantonin and start easing my bed time back where it should be. As soon as you get up expose your self to bright light so your body clock will reset. Keep your house dark in the evenings. You can google tips, that's what I did. When my sleep got back on schedule, my depression symtoms went away. I still have to be careful though, as summer gets hot, my body wants to go back to sleeping all day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM
3 moms liked this

What on earth do you watch?

vindicated
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM

i do that too. but i work till midnight..soo....lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I worked nights and that was my schedule. Ambien is my BFF. Or trazodone. Or zzquill I've tried it all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)