Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need everyone who has been pregnant to share her thoughts on this.... **Update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies

THE FACTS:

I am 6 months postpartum... twins.

My period has not returned.  My last period was in March of 2012.

I breastfeed.  My babies have formula at bedtime, so I do not "exclusively breastfeed".  HOWEVER.... They also do not sleep through the night.  They get the bottle at 7:30pm.  I feed one at midnight.  I feed the other at 4am.  I feed them both between 7 and 8am.  So while I don't meet the "exclusively breastfeeding" criteria, I also don't go more than 5 hours without feeding someone.

DH has been pulling out since the babies were born (I know it isn't super effective, but with no signs of returned fertility, it felt like a little extra precaution).  Well, 9 days ago, he didn't pull out.  I was livid.... because earlier that day I began suspecting that my returning fertility and hormones were making me sick.

My husband and I had sex several times before I realized that my yucky feeling (nausea, fatigue, just general malaise) was hormonal and not viral.

I took an ovulation test (never used one before, but saw the at Target and figured, why not?) the next morning after he did not pull out, and it was positive.

I took a pregnancy test this morning because I had a weird feeling.  It was negative.

I went to the bathroom to find blood in my undies this afternoon.

THE QUESTIONS

Could this be implantation bleeding?

Could I get my period only 9 days after I ovulated?

What are the odds of getting pregnant before your period returns?

UPDATE:

I am now about 98% sure that it's my period.  It's been well over 24 hours, and the bleeding has gotten heavier.  I plan to sit down with DH tomorrow to discuss if we will make an appointment for him to have a vasectomy or if we want to discuss other options for now.

Thanks for all of your advice!  If anything changes, I'll update!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Bump

Anonymous

Bump

Anonymous

Bump

Anonymous

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Very possible you are pregnant. If you aren't ebf, it is possible. In order for breastfeeding to be effective birth control, you have to ebf, this includes no pacifiers or anything for comfort. All the simulation aides in preventing pregnancy
3kidz123
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Are u sure you ovulated? Ovulation tests are not read the same as pregnancy tests.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand that, but what I wonder is if I'm breastfeeding two, does it sort of balance out?  I mean, SOMEONE is on the boob constantly!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Very possible you are pregnant. If you aren't ebf, it is possible. In order for breastfeeding to be effective birth control, you have to ebf, this includes no pacifiers or anything for comfort. All the simulation aides in preventing pregnancy

besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

The thing with those tests are.. you have to have a regular cycle for them to be accurate. Since you hadn't had your period in awhile, I wouldn't count the positive test as reliable.

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

not sure,but heres a bump

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Its also most effective prior to the 6mo mark

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN