Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear Floridians

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

My husband and I are going to camp, hike, kayak, and stay somewhere on the Gulf coast for our anniversary this year. Can you suggest some places with good camping or lodging (hotel, B&B, etc) that aren't super touristy? We want something a little unique and more quiet and romantic. TIA! :) Oh, and we're doing the Gulf side because it's warmer. :)

Couple more details-we are going in October and we are driving so nothing past probably mid-Florida because it would be too far to drive.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM

bumpy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM

BUMP!

jesspuertas
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I love st.petersburg! the beach is great, a lot of retired people, but that's fl. It's small and artsy and beautiful, so and I try to go every year for our anniversary! I will add a link for an inn i like. Not sure about camping that way though, we stick to the Ocala national forest for that kind of stuff, I would say if you really want to camp though look for a state park with a spring and camping they are always beautiful. My favorites are Alexander springs and Kelly park! Hope that helps!
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34606-d118049-Reviews-Inn_on_the_Beach-Saint_Pete_Beach_Florida.html
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I live a couple miles off the Gulf, look up places in Crystal River, I've never had to stay anywhere there because it's just an hour from our house. But it's beautiful and you will get to see almost all of our wildlife and maybe even get to swim with dolphins and manatees!

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Hernando county, Ocala National Forest, Rainbow River area and Hillsbo River state park  places we have been and done these things

AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm not on the Gulf Coast so here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Siesta Key!

jesspuertas
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Can't believe I forgot rainbow river! I just recently went there for the first time and can't wait to go back!

Quoting momto3infl:

Hernando county, Ocala National Forest, Rainbow River area and Hillsbo River state park  places we have been and done these things

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN