Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

whats up with everyone babying kids these days?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

these days,whenever a kid does something,parents make all kinds of excuses.whether its oh,his daddys not around,or were poor or whatever..stop excusing every behavior..face it,your kid is a brat..

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM

bump

KGreen75
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Who's babying kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I wonder who these people are??  I've yet to meet someone who makes excuses for their child's behavior like that.

tysmommy98
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah bump. My kid is not a brat and has never been called one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
4 moms liked this

My kid is a brat, not because I make excuses for him but because I spoil him rotten. You don't need to worry about it, you have a 1 in a billion chance of ever meeting him.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM
When my kid acts up in public, I figure it's the terrible twos and I handle it. Sometimes I don't handle it too well, especially if I've had a stressful day, other days I handle it perfectly. I don't make it an excuse, and I say it's terrible twos in hopes it'll end soon. :P
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM
They don't want their precious wittle snowflake to melt so they must protect them at all costs!
VannaMae307
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know anyone who does this. I certainly don't do it with mine, that I am aware of, anyway.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM

We are moving into a new house, some people from the street came over so we took a break and hung out in the yard, they have kids the same age as my six year old son, her son is in my sons class at school and they played baseball together. My son comes over and says "mommy, can I have some iced tea please" (we have a few food and drink things in the new house so we don't have to go out everytime we want something while moving), I said "okay Abel, glasses are in the box near the fridge." The mom completely freaked out, "you let him just go get drinks by himself! Aren't you afraid he will make a mess!", I explained "he's usually pretty good at pouring, sometimes he'll spill a little, but that can be cleaned up", "no, I mean aren't you afraid he will get into things in there and make a big mess?" What I wanted to say was um, no, he's six, not six months, he knows better than that. Instead I just smiled and said "oh, I'm sure he will be fine." So he comes out with his glass of tea and she once again looks completely shocked because the glass is made of glass. "What if he drops it and it breaks!" Well, we will clean it up, but he knows how to be careful. "Oh he's too little! He could get hurt!" The whole times they were here she babied her kids like crazy, her eight year old came up to have his shoe laces tied and she held her six year olds tissue for him when he sneezed. The ice cream truck came by and the kids wanted some, I said no because it was close to dinner so my son went back to playing, she said no because she didn't have any money on her, and her eight year old through a total fit. She said "oh, he's just tired, it's close to dinner time so he's hungry" making a million excuses for him until she went back to her house to get money to buy him ice cream. This is going to be interesting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I'm a teacher. It happens. Way more than I'd like. I had a parent last year who wanted their child to have an assistant with him all day to make sure he did his work. Riiiiiight. I have an assistant in my room for maybe 15 minutes a day. And I need her to help struggling kids. Not lazy ones. 

Quoting casah4:

I wonder who these people are??  I've yet to meet someone who makes excuses for their child's behavior like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)