Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do the Jehovah's witnesses read from a script?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 53 Replies
Serious question because my grandmother had them come and they used the same lines they did when I had them show up at my auntsa month ago!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet.lil.mama.
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
They do have suggestions on back of one of their personal publications called 'our kingdom ministry' it has suggestions on what to say for the current watchtower and awake. (I'm a disfellowshipped witness, because sex before marriage is the worst thing ever lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I'm not sure. I had a friend who was a jw in high school and he hated going door to door. I wonder if anyone enjoys it or just does it out of "service".
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a former JW. Jw's attend a theocratic ministry school each week as part of their Kingdom Hall meeting. During this school they are taught how to speak to people out in service. JW's all use the same terms and speech.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
What's it like in there?

Quoting sweet.lil.mama.:

They do have suggestions on back of one of their personal publications called 'our kingdom ministry' it has suggestions on what to say for the current watchtower and awake. (I'm a disfellowshipped witness, because sex before marriage is the worst thing ever lol)
snowbunny706_1
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My husband is a Jehovah's Witness and he said No, but if they're from the same congregation then they may be trained or taught the same way and it just seems like they're saying what another is.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I was thinking that too. My grandmother isn't as nice as I was to them. Lol.
How can they go knowing they might get yelled at or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. I had a friend who was a jw in high school and he hated going door to door. I wonder if anyone enjoys it or just does it out of "service".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
No clue but I ask questions that always trip them up.
2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Does that mean they excluded you? You can't be a member anymore? That's not what the bible teaches at all.

Quoting sweet.lil.mama.:

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM
These towns are half an hour apart and the lines were exact.

Quoting snowbunny706_1:

My husband is a Jehovah's Witness and he said No, but if they're from the same congregation then they may be trained or taught the same way and it just seems like they're saying what another is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama.
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM
They sing 3 songs per meeting. pray before and after. Just teach the witnesses how to preach and do studies of the bible...its nothing creepy....boring if you ask me lol

Quoting Anonymous:

What's it like in there?

Quoting sweet.lil.mama.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)