Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I found a used hypodermic needle in my.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies

Bought my house feb 2012 been living here for almost a year & a half.  Great costal community nice neighborhood.  I cleaned the house top to bottom before moving in one single box it took 1 month, it wasn't filthy I just have OCD!  

During my cleaning I noticed bumps under the carpet along the wall but under the base board heater while using my vaccumes want to be meticulous because my youngest was crawling.  I pulled back the carpet to check and it was beer bottle caps.  My first thought was teenagers hiding it from parents no big deal.  Also what made me think teenagers is basically every bathroom and bedroom door, door frame or door handle was broken!  

A few months go by and now it's warm we start clearing up the yard and find nips all over the place stashed in bushes beer cans stashed etc.  again I think teenagers.  

Until...

duing a leisurely talk with my neighbor he starts telling me how before I moved in my house was a half way house for recovering addicts!  And that it got shut down because a girl overdosed & died.  She didn't die or get pronounced dead in my house but at the hospital she died.  Very much freaked out but love my home until....

clearing out more of the yard to make my hubby a nice hammock area in the shade and under prly 4 feet of leaves & brush I rake out a used hypodermic needle!  I flip out!  What do I do?  

The next week I spend my spare time cutting back all trees brush raking leaves pull out 20 more nips and another NEEDLE!  This one had orange plastic covering the sharp end.  

What do I do with them?!  I don't want them on my property!  I'm not putting them in my car!  I don't want my name or address associated with drug parafanilia!  My hubby & I are both working professionals and don't need to deal with this!  I picked up the needles with gloves put in soda cants wrapped them in foiled then put it in a container.  

What do I do if I find more?  And both times the are they were found was in an area where my kids don't play!  Their swing set and play area is in a grassy fenced in part of the yard!  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM

The containers were put out with the trash and got collected so they are no longer on my property but what if there's more?.............................

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Go through your house and yard inch by inch and find as many as you can. Put them in a box (or soda can) and throw them away...

I'd be pissed the realator didn't disclose that information. Good luck. :(
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Put them in a container they can't poke through and take them to your local Er to be disposed of. Or call the police non Emergency line and have them disposed of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Ahhh that's awful, rent a metal detector and sweep everywhere!! Then U will know when it's safe :)
AllieKat
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Throw them away? If it isn't yours not your problem. I'd wear gloves and get them to a dumpster. Idk if you can call anyone to dispose of that stuff.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM
4 moms liked this
Ok that was dumb. You should have called 911 to take them not thrown them away. Now they are in a landfill.

*facepalm*
Alliemad_3
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM
If there's more then dispose if them. Pretty simple.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Are they really skinny syringes?

They sound like insulin syringes.

Next time, document. Also, check your states laws regarding disclosures. You might have a court case against the sellers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
PARAPHERNALIA. That's how you spell it. Carry on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I'm so freaked out I had a huge section of beautiful mature ivy that was like 6ft wide by 25 ft long growing along an embankment I pushed my mower up it and destroyed it all to be sure there was nothing under it!  I'm pissed at the realtor!  I'm also pissed none of the neighbors told me sooner?!  I would have had freaking bobcats tearing the yard apart!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN