Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*ETA* I know I will be bashed to hell for this! but I am legit looking for diff opinions *seperated boyfriend*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

So I have been dating a man that is married but separated now for a yr and a half. They were separated for a year when me and him started dating.

I know I was stupid for even getting involved, but I did. I do love him to bits and I don't want to hurt him...which is half of my concern in this. We have been together 5-6 months now.

We have talked here and there about the future in general he would like to get remarried someday and have kids, I would like to be married someday and undecided on more children at the moment. Never directly said it was something we planned with each other...

I have said something about his divorce and he just kinda gets mad...its been a year and a half as I said that they have been separated and while I am in no rush for marriage, kids, ext. its something I want someday, and I surely don't want to wait years for a divorce to be done when he hasn't even started...and also it worries me after knowing for the first 10 months at least of the first year they were separated that he was pining away wanting to make his marriage work that maybe he isnt quite over the relationship with her yet (even though he says he is) and that is why he hasn't filed...

So what say you ladies (besides I shouldn't have started dating him to begin with)since its not been long give him a little more time? explain why I would like him to get going with the divorce putting the ball in his court and giving him a timeline?? or just explain why I am not ok with the divorce not even being started yet and tell him when he is ready and has at least started or finished with the divorce then give me a call?

*ETA*

So far knowing this group I am suprised at how tame most of the comments are, thank you ladies very much. Althought I am not sure what I will wake up to if anything in the morning!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Your name isn't Erin is it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM

No lol

Quoting AlohaTink:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM
6 moms liked this
If he's not divorced after a year an a half, it's not a priority. If it's not now it won't be later. Cut your loses and move on.
AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM
K just checking lol

Quoting Anonymous:

No lol

Quoting AlohaTink:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
*grabs popcorn*
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

You're the rebound and should probably leave before you get in too deep.  You won't last.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Set a date he has to be at least started by. If he fails to make the date he doesn't care enough. You might not like the outcome if you do this tho. good luck :)

Photo: -Randi.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Ask him when he plans on filing for divorce...if ever?  Try to get some sort of time line out of him.

Even though I would never even date a married and/or separated man...I hope you get some sort of resolution

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

*grabs popcorn*

bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I would step away. Tell him when he shows he is really ready to move on from his marriage and has final divorce papers in hand to contact you. That's what my aunt did. A few months later my uncle walked out of the court house and went home and called my aunt. They were married until my aunt died unexpectedly 2 years ago (22 years).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)