Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Zimmerman MUST WALK! What's your jury prediction?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies

Poll

Question: Will George Zimmerman walk out of court a free man on all counts?

Options:

YES-Not Guilty

Guilty 2nd degree murder

Guilty on lesser offense- manslaughter or agg assault

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 169

View Results

After watching this divisive trial, I feel strongly that George Zimmerman must be acquitted ON ALL COUNTS including the lesser offenses. The state tried for murder 2 and has pretty much given up on that, not to mention they never came close to meeting that burden of proof or were able to even dislodge the defense theory of self defense. I feel angry taxpayer money has been wasted on this malicious prosecution driven by politics and narrow minded public opinion. This case is not what it seems at face value, and neither is Trayvon Martin, even though he didn't deserve to die. Aside from the lack of evidence to prove prosectutions point (which hasn't been clear), there is a lot of evidence (some jury won't hear), there is affirmative action of an altercation between George and Trazon that had GZ fearing for his life after having his head bashed into concrete.

One last rant, I can't stand how people oversimplify and don't learn facts of this case and are still hung up on and not willing to look beyond what has been established in court. Those points being primarily that it is Georgee's fault for getting out of his car, with a gun, and disobeying a police office. These are not accurate either. He did get out of his car, as a neighborhood watchmen, thinking something was off and he called 911 and followed Trayvon. For all you who think he stalked and committed a hate crime against TM, why would someone call 911 and keep on the line if about to commit a murder? Also, a police officer never told George to stay in car. A 911 dispatcher simply said "he didn't have to follow the suspect". Sorry to rant, but this case gets to me and want to know other opinions from you ladies who have actually followed or learned about the trial?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Yea he will walk. Hell they let Casey Anthony walk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:13 AM

true it is Florida, but that jury got a lot of backlash so I wonder if this jury will be influenced by that and external factors rather than rendering a verdict based on the facts and the law. Also a difference, I believe this was self defense and at the least, the prosecution was not able to disprove that or prove their case at all. A fight involved two people, even though no one deserves to die. Caylee was an innocent 2 year old that obviously and unequivically did nothing wrong- she didn't bash anyone's head into the pavement...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:15 AM
4 moms liked this

He was told not to follow him, he shouldn't have followed him. endofstory.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:22 AM
2 moms liked this
It comes down to who started the confrontation that led to the shooting. They haven't been able to prove that. If I was on this jury, I would not be able to convict zimmerman because of that. Do I think the man is a pos? Yes. But not reason enough to convict.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM
I think he will be found guilty of a lesser charge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:30 AM
5 moms liked this
His ass should be in jail!!!! Had he listened to what the police told him and did not follow that boy, he would still be alive. That boy was being followed by someone who was not the police all because he had on a damn hoodie? I really hope you women who think Zimmerman did the "right" thing are fucking nuts?! Zimmerman started it when he disobeyed police orders and followed that boy!! I wonder how many of you women would feel differently if Trayvon was a young woman. Had she beat him up fighting for her life and he shot and killed her, in "self defence" would you care?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:31 AM

I still hope they'll find him guilty.

But.. it's Florida so he'll probably get away with it.

maybe he and casey can be friends and joke about how stupid jury's are in this state.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:39 AM

In order to even be found guilty on the lesser accounts the jury must still find that George threw the first punch that started the physical altercation. If they could prove that they would have already. If he is found guilty of anything, it's not from following the law.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this
He should be found guilty of manslaughter but Florida is so ass backwards he'll probably walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:45 AM
5 moms liked this

Some say GZ shouldnt of followed, but Im sorry I say TM shouldnt have turned around.  If he was scared like they say he was then he shouldve kept going home and called the police from there or told his parent.  GZ stated to the operator that he didnt know where TM went and then he turned around from giving the address and tried to go to his car. It was TM who came out of nowhere., asked him why he was following him and then threw the first punch at that point in my opinion its consideredself defense. Its sad that TM had to die and I wish that he hadnt. But it isnt all GZ fault either. You could look at this from two different angles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)