Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That scar is gross. You should cover it up.

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:59 AM
  • 319 Replies
Is pretty much what a woman at the Health Visitors office said to me in the waiting room.

I have 2 scars on my left knee. One is 8 inches long from a knee operation. The smaller one is where a school bully tripped me up on purpose while the stitches were still healing. I was still on crutches and a frame so couldnt break my fall. The stitches bust and the skin tore where it was still delicate.
I've had them since I was 14, obviously this isnt the first time in 8 years I've worn clothes that show my legs. But no one has ever commented, even when it was still purple and wrinkled.
Do you have any scars, burns or other disfigurements? Do you keep them covered or has anyone said you should?

ETA pic on page 9
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:02 AM
I have a scar from a cigarette burn on my face. A couple people have asked me about it but I think most people don't notice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe I'm weird but I want to see this scar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:04 AM
6 moms liked this
I have had 2 heart surgeries..including a bypass..so I got some big scars...

My SO got mad when we did family pictures because I wrote a v-neck and you could see the scar on my chest...

Please...that scar is the reason I'm alive..I don't care if it's visible!!

When I was a teenager I was always embarrassed of it..but now I don't care.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:04 AM
6 moms liked this
How fricken RUDE!

xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM
D:
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM

i got scar on my belly under my ribs from being stabbed by a devil ring because i told a kid no i would not convert . I got a few on my back were at six my moms bf cut me with a razor blade because he could . i got scars from the rapes i been threw which is why at 13 i was told not to expect to have kids.I also have a birthmark on my left breast size of a large grape fruit i am sure i have more that i hve not remembered  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I love scars. I think they add character. Not big fan of self inflicted scars(suicidal) but i did know a guy who did burns for the scar.(basically branding) Those were cool. I love hearing the stories behind them.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM

i have a scar on the underside of my left wrist that i used to keep covered with bracelets or a watch. i got it when i was 16. people always asked me if i tried to kill myself (i didnt). i finally got tired of hiding it and dont bother anymore. actually, i forget its there usually. (i'll be 29 in august, so im used to it) ive caught a few people looking at it, but idc anymore. they can think what they want.

i have a scar on the top of the same wrist that goes from the ball of my wrist all the way across. its thin, not very noticeable on the ends, but if i bend my wrist back at all, the middle, thicker part, sticks up. if i bend it down, it sticks up. lol. i dont think very many people see that one, though. or if they do, i dont notice it.

i also have a scar on my hairline, on my forehead. it goes a couple inches across and then back, but it thins as it goes back, so only the front part is noticeable. my hair wont lay right there, so i have to have side bangs or an awkward cow lick. lol. ive had a few people ask if i ever tried to cover it with bangs, or "what if you did this"...its a raised scar, like a welt. i cant cover it, nor do i care to. ive had it since i was 12, though, so it doesnt bother me, either. im used to it, and the way my hair does right there. if anyone else notices it or it bothers them, thats on them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM
2 moms liked this
My 10 y/o has a prominent scar on her chest. She doesn't cover it and anyone who made her feel.bad about it would have hell to pay.
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:09 AM
I have many scars, I have had two hip surgeries, plus my pelvis, and a total hip replacement. The only scar that shows is from my second hip surgery and my total hip replacement ( they went through the same scar for my hip replacement they just had to make it bigger) if I wear shorts it shows, I have had people ask me about it but never tell me to cover up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN