Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do I say??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
So me and my husband have been trying for a while and HIS family knows that. MY family doesnt even know were married. MY family really dont like my husband for a couple different reasons. Well we are finally pregnant. I need some ideas to tell BOTH sides of the family especially MINE. This would be MY second baby but HIS first baby
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Bump
Jewl-e
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM

If you and your DH are happy then It shouldnt matter what anyone thinks. Id just come on out with it if it was me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Just coming out with it to my family can mean that there is an 85% chance they will disown you (me)

Quoting Jewl-e:

If you and your DH are happy then It shouldnt matter what anyone thinks. Id just come on out with it if it was me.

Jewl-e
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are you? If your family is so quick to disown you then maybe your better off without that kind of negativity. If theyre gonna disown you for being married/having a baby then how do you think they would react if you keep it hidden and it comes out later on down the road... It would bother me if my family disowned me but not enough to let it get me down. Children are a gift and they should realize that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Im 25. Im old enough. My mom is a complete and utter controlling psyco. She has been seeing a tharpist for years and on all sort of meds for it. We do plan to tell them about being pregnant we just dont know how. As far as them not knowing were married my husband and I plan to have a church wedding and thats when they will think we got married. You say you can live with out your family but I dont think you know how hard it is my grandma decided not to be in my moms life when I was 8 yrs old then the year before she died she wanted to make things better. The whole time I saw my mom go through so many struggles where she said she wanted her mom there I dont want those regrets.

Quoting Jewl-e:

How old are you? If your family is so quick to disown you then maybe your better off without that kind of negativity. If theyre gonna disown you for being married/having a baby then how do you think they would react if you keep it hidden and it comes out later on down the road... It would bother me if my family disowned me but not enough to let it get me down. Children are a gift and they should realize that.

Jewl-e
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Well from my own experience of being disowned I know how hard it is. I dont have family anymore but I dont need them for me I do wish they were around for the kids but I have accepted it. If you do plan on telling them about the baby then there is no way to ease into it. If your family does freak out then theyll eventually get happy in the same pants they got mad in.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:17 AM

wait until they can see for themselves. You don't need their permission or acceptance.

SnowWhieQueen
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM

throw one big party!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I think thats a good idea and funny

Quoting SnowWhieQueen:

throw one big party!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Edit
I dont need or want your judgement its my life all im asking for is IDEALS on how to tell both sides of the family!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN