Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well, now I feel like a jerk

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM
  • 10 Replies
Eta:
Its an insulin pump. Dh has type 1 diabetes

Let me start by saying.. I have a weak stomach.
IVs, or anything resembling them.. they make me so sick feeling.. I get dizzy and feel like I'm going to puke.

My husband has been on his pump for a while. Between his sugar being better regulated, and me using things like olive oil in cooking- he's gained back the needed weight. He has to put the pump in fat- and he was getting so skinny that the only place left was his butt.

Since I cant handle doing that- I helped him gain a few pounds so he has a tiny amount of fat on his tummy.

This morning, he decided to hook up the pump to his butt cheek- which I didn't even know he could do alone. Fine. UNTIL the damn thing got clogged with blood. He couldn't see- so DURING BREAKFAST he pulled down his shorts and had me look.

I did. I saw the blood. I described where it was. Then... I nearly threw up and I got so dizzy I had to lay down.. I can't finish my breakfast. Then he says "sorry I asked"

:*(
Now I feel like a jerk for something I can't help. Blah.
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM

sounds gross.  What the heck kind of pump is this? 

xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Oh- right. I should add that lol

Insulin.
He has type 1 diabetes

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds gross.  What the heck kind of pump is this? 

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You are both dealing with things you are a little sensitive/touchy about. It will blow over. I am sure he knows that stuff bothers you, but he is just feeling a little vulnerable right now and he was a little hurt at the moment. When his emotions settle down, he will understand that you can't help it.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:55 AM

You poor thing.

Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM
You'll probably get used to that sort of thing after a while.
xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I know, it just made me feel horrible, kwim?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You are both dealing with things you are a little sensitive/touchy about. It will blow over. I am sure he knows that stuff bothers you, but he is just feeling a little vulnerable right now and he was a little hurt at the moment. When his emotions settle down, he will understand that you can't help it.
xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I've gotten as far as casually seeing it and being ok. Staring and seeing blood? Not there yet lol

Quoting Snakecharm:

You'll probably get used to that sort of thing after a while.
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I understand! I dated a man with an insulin pump and I could not help him with it AT ALL.  I felt terrible.  But things like that make me so squeamish!  When my son came inside with a bloody face, I passed out lol. He ended up needing 5 stitches it was a bad cut.  But i get it, things like that creep me out

xomrs.chase
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I went into a panic the first time ds bled lol

Quoting missmamaof4:

I understand! I dated a man with an insulin pump and I could not help him with it AT ALL.  I felt terrible.  But things like that make me so squeamish!  When my son came inside with a bloody face, I passed out lol. He ended up needing 5 stitches it was a bad cut.  But i get it, things like that creep me out

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter sees blood or a cut she faints. I've never seen anything like it. The first time it happened I was in shock.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN