Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Thoughts on Flouride

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 310 Replies
1 mom liked this

Needed or no?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
8 moms liked this

We avoid it as much as possible. Can't really get it out of our water, but we buy fluoride free toothpaste for the whole family. I certainly don't think we need it and I think we get way too much of it.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Fluoride...yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Too much of anything is bad.
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM
5 moms liked this
Fluoride is a dangerous chemical
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Too much is bad. Try to avoid it.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM
6 moms liked this

I think we Americans use it way too much.  Is a little bit safe and worth it for healthier teeth?  Maybe.  But I think we're making a big mistake by having it in our toothpaste, our water, getting fluoride treatments at the dentist, etc.  It's just too much. 

msb64
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM

We don't use it and have never had any problems but our whole family is lucky to have really good dental health.  I don't know enough about the positive/negative effects of flouride to make that call for another person/family.

t1gger143
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Makes me break out in hives.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:39 AM

When my children were in school there was a program called "Swish" they had to participate in if they lived in an area without public water.  They would line the kids up once a week and give them a little plastic cup of a flouride mouth wash.  I remember they were supposed to spit it into a special waste basket and I got called into the school one time because my daughter had the audacity to get tired of waiting for the basket and spit it back into the little cup.

My kids have great teeth, but I'm not sure if that is from flouride or genetics.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
27 moms liked this
Don't have a problem with it, worked in dentistry for over 10 years. I laugh at people who go bat shit nuts over false info put out by the press :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)