Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SCHOOL supplies...Who should supply IT ?!?? School or Parents ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
11 moms liked this
Kids supplies... parent...
teacher's supplies... teacher or school.
Shit the school uses... the school. Lol
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM
The school. Thankfully my son only needs six things this year for 3rd grade. Small schools rock
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM

PARENT

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM

parents , it is the parent's responsibility to provide for their child . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Parents. Budgets are tight across many districts. Supplying my kid with certain materials is MY job, not the districts.
disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this

student supplies - the parents

teachers supplies (special things wanted for lessons, not basic paper, ink, reading programs, etc) - teacher

teacher/school supplies (reading programs, anything required for the lessons, paper, ink, etc) - school.

I'm a teacher and I sujpply way too much.  I cut back last year and parents were pissed.  In March, a parent wanted me to get her child a new folder because he ripped his.  I folded a piece of construction paper in half and used that.  Parent wanted to know why I sent kid to bathroom to get toilet paper to blow his nose - because I'm tired of supplying 20 boxes a year (last year was a bad flu season, spring was bad on allergies, and everyone sends their kids to school sick so we go through a lot).

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Parents, sadly teachers pay for quite a bit out of pocket here so parents that are able usually help with extras here too

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I don't get parents who refuse to send Kleenex. Classes go through that like MAD. I too stop buying it.

Quoting disneymom2two:

student supplies - the parents

teachers supplies (special things wanted for lessons, not basic paper, ink, reading programs, etc) - teacher

teacher/school supplies (reading programs, anything required for the lessons, paper, ink, etc) - school.

I'm a teacher and I sujpply way too much.  I cut back last year and parents were pissed.  In March, a parent wanted me to get her child a new folder because he ripped his.  I folded a piece of construction paper in half and used that.  Parent wanted to know why I sent kid to bathroom to get toilet paper to blow his nose - because I'm tired of supplying 20 boxes a year (last year was a bad flu season, spring was bad on allergies, and everyone sends their kids to school sick so we go through a lot).

dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Parents supply for their child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Parents for student supplies including tissues, plastic baggies, and other items needed regularly for projects or other school related activities.

Teachers for anything extra they want above the basics (though honestly teachers in my area are underpaid so I typically give dd's teacher gift cards to WalMart throughout the year to help out).

School should provide paper, ink, and necessities for teachers like pens, markers for boards, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)