Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My probably unpopular thoughts about the Zimmerman case... *edited*

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 275 Replies
10 moms liked this
Although I believe he shouldn't have followed after the police told him to leave trayvon alone I don't think he should be charged with second degree murder. It's obvious GZ was wanting to be the big hero of the day and I honestly think he would have followed anyone that was remotely suspicious no matter the race. But.. I don't believe he followed him with the intent to kill. Once trayvon started attacking him, it became self defense. Now it can be argued that trayvon wouldn't have felt the need to attack if GZ hadn't followed him and that's true. I'm not saying GZ shouldn't be charged at all. I definitely think he needs to face the consequences of his actions but not to the degree that are going for.
I don't believe this was a racially motivated crime at all

For those of you saying he deserves to get killed if he is not convicted.. you do realize you are condoning what he did to trayvon by being ok with it being done to him?

For those fighting over the fact that GZ didn't have life threatening wounds so his life wasn't in danger during the fight and he shouldn't have used deadly force.
If a man came up a punched you while you carried a gun what would you do? I'm not debating about how if GZ hadn't followed TM, TM wouldn't have attacked GZ. This is a what if scenario.
I can tell you right now, I would use my gun. I would try to make it a flesh would so I could just stop the attacker, but in a fight you're not really in a position to take aim and calmly fire. You point and hope you hit something. If this had been a woman, no one would think twice about her pulling out a gun and shooting even if her self defense injuries were minor
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't think it was racially motivated either. I think GZ saw a suspicious character who happened to be black. Not GZ saw a black guy and decided to kill him b/c he's black. I do however believe that he should be found guilty of at least manslaughter. He was trying to be the big hero man; ignored the police; and because of that a young man is dead. That being said; no one was there. And I think some people (not you) tend to forget that. We are only geting GZ side of the story; not TM and because of that we will never truly know.
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I believe it was racially motivated but since Zimmerman must be sleeping with someone in the higher echelon, he'll get away with murder. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM
The state just decided to try and toss in child abuse resulting in 3 rd degree murder
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol and who would he be able to seduce?? Have you seen him?

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe it was racially motivated but since Zimmerman must be sleeping with someone in the higher echelon, he'll get away with murder. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Just like Casey Anthony....

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Just like Casey Anthony....

fallenstars
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Tyavon wouldn't have had a reason to "attack" him had he not been following him. He had been told not to and did anything anyways....and he obviously he had a gun. He was LOOKING for trouble by following him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twade26
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
3 moms liked this

I think he should have been charged with manslaughter, given 3-4 years and everyone move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

that third charge might get him convicted,,  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN