Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bash away or whatever.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I am going to attempt to make this as easy to understand as I can.

I have fibromyalga and anxiety/panic attacks and depression.

Because there is a problem in my area with people selling narcotics the doctor has you sign a contract.

I have been on all of my medications for way over a year.
I explained to the stand in doctor that I used to be on xanax. That I had a few left over an had taken them when absolutely necessary.

Well they did a urine test and the xanax showed up.
Said bc of the contract that I am no longer able to be on any controlled substance they will not prescribe them to me. Which would be my pain medication.

I understand I shouldn't have taken one of my old meds but when I am having a panic attack that feels like a heart attack I did what I knew would work.

Bash me.
Give advice.

I'm not a pill seeking mom.
I hate having to be on narcotics and anti depressants but not being able to get out of bed in the morning or even pick up my kids... I will do whatever is needed.

I should mention that seeing chiropractor after chiropractor. Massages and every thing you can think of doesn't work.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seksen
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Make an appointment with your regular doctor and talk to him about it. I hope things get better for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Oh geez. I don't know, but I feel for you. My doc suggested a pain clinic, but I can't bring myself to go to one. I have one pain pill left (which will likely be taken today). I may just try to tough it out. Easier said than done, I know.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

So now you have to go through withdrawl?

Were you honest with the Drs about taking the Xanax and why?

If I were you I would set up and appt and bring the bottle of xanax to show them it was prescribed by another Dr. Usually the Drs will understand. Ask the Dr who now prescribes your pain meds to add xanax in there.

I am a pain management nurse. I've dealt with this a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM

BTW, I don't think you did anything wrong. I wouldn't have thought taking that would've precluded you from getting your pain meds. I take valium.

vbway
by Valerie on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Google "Earthing". My doctor gave me a book about it and it changed my life. I am now pain free. I have no need for pain meds or sleep meds. I really hope you get better. I know exactly how helpless you feel. It feels like your body has betrayed you. And to make it worse, no one believes you are in the amount of pain that you say you are. I suffered for many years. Mine was triggered after my ex assaulted me. Please get the book "Earthing the most important health discovery ever". Trust me, it changed my life. I got my life back. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I'm upset over it.

The stand in doctor even made the note on my chart.

I made an appointment with a completely different doctor at another office. But I can't be seen until Wednesday.
My medications were supposed to be filled 2 days ago. I had one refill on all of them and she cancelled them.

Quoting seksen:

Make an appointment with your regular doctor and talk to him about it. I hope things get better for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM
What is a pain clinic?

I'm sorry hun.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh geez. I don't know, but I feel for you. My doc suggested a pain clinic, but I can't bring myself to go to one. I have one pain pill left (which will likely be taken today). I may just try to tough it out. Easier said than done, I know.

seksen
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Wow that is crazy :( I'm sorry I hope they can figure things out for you

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm upset over it.

The stand in doctor even made the note on my chart.

I made an appointment with a completely different doctor at another office. But I can't be seen until Wednesday.

My medications were supposed to be filled 2 days ago. I had one refill on all of them and she cancelled them.

Quoting seksen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Earthing? OMG, I couldn't help but laugh while reading that site. Just stand barefoot on the grass for 15 minutes and your pain goes away. It wouldn't hurt to try, but really? Absorbing electrical currents from within the earth to heal the body?

kapzilla
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My mom has fibromyalgia, and she says is runs her life.  I have anxiety disorder as well, and I can understand the pain involved with an anxiety attack.  I personally get headaches from them.

My doctor's office will not prescribe narcotics at all due to how bad they are abused here.  Hopefully you can find a new office that will work with you.  I don't think you were in the wrong for taking a medication that was prescribed to you for the reason it was prescribed.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN