Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh how I WISH This was a troll post, or something made up!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I seriously just did the one thing in a million years I thought wouldn't happen:

I sneezed and I seriously shit myself. I am beyond embarassed. (Yes I got myself cleaned up, etc.) What really freaked me out about this aside from it happening, was that I didn't feel like I had to even go to the bathroom. I feel fine, my stomach isn't full, etc. I just had this sneeze, I sneezed and it happened. I don't know how else to explain it. I'm beyond embarassed.

We lost our insurance and can't get any until later next week, so going to get this checked out is not an option. I was/have been seen by a gastrointerologist. They don't know officially what is going on but suspected IBS. However when they went to run a blood test I asked them run a thyroid test and it came back as Hypothyroidism. Which could explain the constipation. BUUUTTT would not explain what just happened to me. This is the first! I'm on Levothyroxin and I don't remember reading that this would be a side effect. I don't even know if what happened would be under bowl incontinence? I've heard this can happen but have had no history of it. I'm really dumbfounded. I tried looking this up on google to understand, see what might have caused this, and all I found were people making fun of others asking the same question. It was all jokes and giggles, etc. Only, I'm being 100% serious and I'm freaked the hell out. I didn't feel like I had to go to the bathroom, or that I had diahrea (you know the sick feeling in your stomach, or the urgency feeling). So I'm really confused! It just happened...

Anyways, I'm posting this in mom confessions because the advice for moms group doesn't have an anonymous button. I'm sooo embarassed about this. I'm wondering if others have had this happen to them? If you have IBS (which I think could just very well be the hypothyroidism instead, but nontheless, if you have either of those two things - does or has this happened to you? I'm scared it's going to happen again to be honest. I feel like that because I didn't feel like I had to go, no urgency, no sick feeling in my stomach,etc. that it just all of the sudden happened....means it could happen again. If this has happened to you, do you know why? If you have had or do have IBS or Hypothyroidism was this a side effect? I'm beyond myself and reallly reallly embarrassed. PLEASE don't make fun of me. No this is not a troll post as much as I wish it was. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2threebbz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I dont have an answer for you but heres a bump

Katalina650
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM

BUMP!

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Wow, that sucks :( 

Bump, I guess, since I can't help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

lmao, been there done that.  Long ago when I was much MUCH younger.  **Hides face in shame**

Maybe talk to your doctor about this.

abbysmommy429
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I'm not sure, but good luck!

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I have never had it happen, and the only person I know that had it happen was taking Xenical  (alli for the over the counter brand).

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I found this on the U Mich med website:

The anal sphincters and puborectalis are the primary muscles responsible for continence.  There are two sphincters: the internal anal sphincter, and the external anal sphincter.  The internal sphincter is responsible for 80% of the resting muscle tone, however it is involuntary.  This means, that you do not have control over this muscle.  Conversely, the external sphincter is responsible for 15-20% of your muscle tone.  You do have control over this muscle.  The remaining 5% of your continence depends on hemorrhoids, which may swell to prevent accidental leaking, and are also present in the area where sensation takes place. The puborectalis and external anal sphincter work together to close the anal canal at times of increased pressure. By squeezing these muscles voluntarily when you cough or sneeze you can prevent leakage.

Injury to the sphincter muscles may occur during childbirth.  A large baby, prolonged labor, forceps delivery, tears/lacerations, episiotomies or infection can cause a small injury.  These injuries may go unnoticed for years.  As the body ages, the injury may become apparent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I've sneezed/coughed and peed before, but not crapped.

Hope you can get it figured out :-/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

That happened to me once when I threw up... I had a really bad virus. 

lizlaughlove
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I have hypothyroidism and have been on Levothyroxin. I've never experienced this, so here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured