Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We don't listen to you because your always mad at us.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies
3 moms liked this

My very smart 4 1/2 year old dd just came in here and said I think I know why me and (DS) listen to everyone else and not you. Because your always mad at us and everyone else is not...

Now my kids are very well behaved they are almost perfict at school and with grandma/dad. They are also really good with me when they aren't it really is my fault.... 

I am very depressed. Lately we wake up I used to get right up and make them breakfast but now I lay in bed for hours (or like 1 hour) sleeping/almost asleep. Then make breakfast and have them play in thier rooms. I have them clean up 30 min before lunch (they normally ask me to play with them i dont, or come complain that they were hit or took a toy and I solve those problems for them. While they are playing in their room I also yell at them for not playing in their room or for doing whatever wrong) I feed them and put them to sleep they wake up we cuddle a little then they are told to go play together again then dinner and we will most of the time watch tv or a movie together then bed. Some days we go places for fun like the park or boardwalk or mall but most days go the way I said. IDK what to do I cant find a doctor I yell at my kids way to much and obviously it's not ok 

PLEASE HELP ME my kids don't deserve the peice of shit mom I am

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM
6 moms liked this
Get out if the house with them everyday. Have them cook with you.
Try CBT. Change your behaviours and in term it will change your thoughts and feelings. Change your thoughts and that will change your behaviour and feelings. Change your feelings and that will change your behaviours and thoughts. Most people work on changing behaviours because that's the easiest.
I suggest getting out because fresh air and exercise will do wonders. How's your diet? You should not be eating anything processed. Look for natrual supplements for depression online.
Honestly if its really bad you will need to see a doctor but all this stuff can really help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I'm in the same boat right now. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM

me too...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I have tried most days I need a nap our diet sucks IDC about food if the kids weren't here I wouldn't eat but I do eat probably more then I should....I cant have them cook with me I get to angry for nothing and I dont feel like getting dressed or showering honestly so we dont go anywhere and I dont drive so it really sucks it's a 40 min walk just to the bus....

Quoting Retrokitty:

Get out if the house with them everyday. Have them cook with you.
Try CBT. Change your behaviours and in term it will change your thoughts and feelings. Change your thoughts and that will change your behaviour and feelings. Change your feelings and that will change your behaviours and thoughts. Most people work on changing behaviours because that's the easiest.
I suggest getting out because fresh air and exercise will do wonders. How's your diet? You should not be eating anything processed. Look for natrual supplements for depression online.
Honestly if its really bad you will need to see a doctor but all this stuff can really help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I'm really sorry...do you yell at your kids a lot? how old are they? why dont you get help if you dont mind me asking what are we gonna do I'm so lost is that how you feel or do you not care? some days I dont care some days I'm almost happy

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I'm sorry how are you dealing with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

me too...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM
honestly I feel like i am drowning/suffocating in motherhood/life right now. I love my kids and being a mom is all I have ever wanted. But I am a mess right now. My husband is upset with me because i am so depressed. he keeps telling me to just be happy. Um it doesn't seem to work that way. because believe me I have tried..and even succeeded at convincing people I am just fine.
I told him i want to go to the Dr and get help and he told me no.
I have been stopping myself from yelling at them lately. It isn't their fault I wish i was dead. I miss being happy and having joy in my life. I miss enjoying my kids. They deserve better right now. yes they are fed and clean and the house is kept..but I feel like i'm dying inside.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really sorry...do you yell at your kids a lot? how old are they? why dont you get help if you dont mind me asking what are we gonna do I'm so lost is that how you feel or do you not care? some days I dont care some days I'm almost happy

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

You just described me to a T.   I'm sorry you're going through this.   :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Everyday is a struggle but I just try and wake up and remind myself what I want to be and start there. I know I am depressed, I have suffered for probably close to 10 years. I just remind myself that ds deserves better and I don't always have to yell immediately to get my point across. I force myself to get up and be silly with him even though it's the last thing I feel like doing at the moment. I force myself to plan things and go out and do them. When he doesn't listen i try to talk to him about it and explain that I don't want to be mean and yell but he needs to listen to me and if he doesn't there will be consequences. Like I said, every day is a struggle. Some days I'm fine and happy and act like a "normal" mom and others...It takes hours just to get out of bed and make breakfast. I'll feel like I'm doing better and getting better after a good week then I wake up one morning and I'd rather not move or do a damn thing. It sucks but I'm trying my best to be a do what I should for ds...he deserves better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry how are you dealing with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

me too...

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)