Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My change is .87 cents NOT 87 dollars. Would of you done the samething?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 563 Replies
4 moms liked this
I went to the family dollar and got a Arizona Sweet Tea and treseme mouse. I gave the guy a five dollar bill. He took out the pen and marked the 5. I told him it was real but whatever. So he puts it in the register and gave me 87 dollars. I looked at him and said my change was .87 cents not 87 dollars. He looked at me and said oh. I gave him the money back and he gave me my little .87 cents.

What would have you done? Taken the money and run or gave it back. Dh said I should of kept it and I said no that's bad karma. Plus it wasn't mine in the first place. That would of been like robbing the dollar store. Go anon if you want
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
21 moms liked this
Honestly I would have been tempted to keep it....then handed it back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I have done it before when someone gave me back to much change
dgray
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
7 moms liked this
While I may want to keep it, I don't think I could have done so, from a moral standpoint. And I would have felt pretty bad if I had. I think I would have just corrected him in the same way you did, before I even had time to consider taking it. I think you'll feel better about it in the long run.
Mcelly
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd give it back.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Go ooooooooon.. take the money and run

Seriously though, I would correct them.
Osstie
7 moms liked this
Someone needs to lay off the ganja
dancer
1 mom liked this

just remember there are cameras in alot of stores.  You can't even see them.  You did the right thing. Not worth getting busted in the parking lot by an undercover cop.  Yes,they have those too.  I know all this because most of my family are cops.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I would have given it back. without a 2nd thought.  I am the person who went back into Walmart to pay for a lipstick that was in the back of the cart that I forgot to pay for.  It would play on my mind too much.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
5 moms liked this
Handed it back, of course. What kind of dumbass makes a mistake like that? Doesn't the register tell you exactly how much to give back? How do you get $87 back from $5 anyway? Geeze.
imakehimscream
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM
It just didn't feel right. If I had no sense of right and wrong I would of taken it. If I did though it would of bugged me so bad

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I have done it before when someone gave me back to much change

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured