Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pitbulls are not dangerous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this
if you raise them right. Neither are people if they're parents raise them right.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KGreen75
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

it depends on their bloodline also.

staci1103
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Any breed dog can be dangerous if put ijto the wrong hands
JenD_77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I wish a lot more people thought like that...  but because of stupid people not treating them right they turn wild. I live in ND and just south of us they had to put 8 pits and a rot down because they attacked a man walking on the road. Said it was because the pits were runnign wild and their owner didn't care.  the owner is goin to jail now too.

JenD_77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Plus had a friend who had a few pits... had to have one put down because he bit my neighbor's daughter in the face... she automatically was like "WTH happened?" and wanted to put him down herself.. He was the best dog too! never even nipped at my kids who were babies at the time. sometimes shit happens.

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM
3 moms liked this

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

This is very true for any breed. I have met more aggressive labs and Golden retrievers, then I have pit bulls or any other so called aggressive breeds because they are being overbred by people who are not interested in bettering the breed but making money. The cases of pit bull related incidents I think are mostly dogs that either came from back yard breeders or people who are intentionally breeding aggressive dogs to fight who then sell some of the litter.

Quoting KGreen75:

it depends on their bloodline also.

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM

clearly ;)

Rocker.Mom.07
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I agree. But because human kind are idiots and some don't raise them right, I will always have a paranoia with them. My friend has a sweet pit and I love him. He can't stop giving my girls kisses when they are around him. But, a strange pit walking alone might spark a red flag and caution...just because I don't know how it was raised.

srehman
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I believe when it comes to this the media plays a large part in the way people think about this breed. How many times have you heard of a lab biting a child? Well, my ex friends lab but my daughter and all she did was trip over the damn dog! He but at her head and even nipped her and made her bleed a bit (not hospital worthy)...yup A LAb!!!! Soooo...that's it. I agree any breed can be bad or have his moments at any time....and no I didn't let her around him after that and the dog stayed outside most of the time (it's a really long story....) and she was 2 at the time. Okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured