Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I tell her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I'm surprising my 9yo with tickets to a concert. She thinks were going to a birthday party. How do I reveal to her what's really going down? I want to record her reaction cuz this is her favorite band and I think it will be great. I'm more excited to tell her than anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Oh, I suck at this.  Hope she has a great surprise though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Blindfold her the entire drive,  then walk her infront of a sign for the concert and BAM instant freak out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Thank you! I told her she's going to an all girl party so she has to get her hair done. She's excited for the party right now. Lol I hope it's not a letdown.

Quoting Anonandon:

Oh, I suck at this.  Hope she has a great surprise though!

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Youtube concert ticket surprise and see what you come up with! Bunch of good ideas. :)

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Put the tickets in a bday card, put card in purse. when you get in the car to go to the "party" hand her the card and say you want her to read it now before the party. At this point take your camera or phone or whatever and hit the record button!
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:35 PM
She will know something is up because shes blindfolded....

Quoting Anonymous:

Blindfold her the entire drive,  then walk her infront of a sign for the concert and BAM instant freak out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:35 PM
The concert is an hour away and in an area we don't frequent so I might be able to do this when we get near.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM
My original plan was to fill up the bday bag with items from the band like. Shirts and buttons and have her open it. This is good too

Quoting emilysmom8:

Put the tickets in a bday card, put card in purse. when you get in the car to go to the "party" hand her the card and say you want her to read it now before the party. At this point take your camera or phone or whatever and hit the record button!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Bump for more ideas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN