Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

at tiws end with 7 yo

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Out of anger I told him to get his act together, Or I was shipping him the hell off.

He hits, slaps, back talks, bullies his younger siblings, doesn't respect anything or anyone.

though helpful advice would be appreciated
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM

what are his punishments other than being shipped off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM
We can only do time outs or take things away.
Neither have any real effect on him. there's no corporal punishment allowed in our state, not that would help anyways

Quoting Anonymous:

what are his punishments other than being shipped off?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Parenting. You're doing it wrong.

Seriously. Unless he has some sort of emotional or developmental problems, his bad behavior is on you because you allow it. Time outs don't work? Do them anyway. If you're doing it right it will work eventually. I get so sick of parents who give up and let their kids act wild because they tried a time out a few times and it didn't work. It will work when you're consistent and he knows it.

And if he is behaving that badly he probably needs some positive attention from you. He's crying out for it. Pay attention to your kid and don't let him run wild.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I don't allow it. I still do the time outs.
I don't just let him run wild. I can't watch him 24 7. I have to nurse the baby ,use the bathroom, make lunch, take out trash etc. He takes full advantage of the time that he's not being supervised. As for attention he gets it, we play games and spend time together. I'm normally the kill them with kindness type. So I'm not a big bad wolf all the time.
Thanks for your useless insight

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously. Unless he has some sort of emotional or developmental problems, his bad behavior is on you because you allow it. Time outs don't work? Do them anyway. If you're doing it right it will work eventually. I get so sick of parents who give up and let their kids act wild because they tried a time out a few times and it didn't work. It will work when you're consistent and he knows it.

And if he is behaving that badly he probably needs some positive attention from you. He's crying out for it. Pay attention to your kid and don't let him run wild.
slvr115
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I love when people ask for advice, then get really defensive when they get some. Especially after inviting people to 'bash away'....

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't just let him run wild. I can't watch him 24 7. I have to nurse the baby ,use the bathroom, make lunch, take out trash etc. He takes full advantage of the time that he's not being supervised. As for attention he gets it, we play games and spend time together. I'm normally the kill them with kindness type. So I'm not a big bad wolf all the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM
people can bash away productively you know. ': |

Quoting slvr115:

I love when people ask for advice, then get really defensive when they get some. Especially after inviting people to 'bash away'....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Useless insight? I forgot you're mom of the year. All good moms threaten to send their kids away when they realize they've created a monster. How's this for advice? Ship the kid off. He'll be better off. He will always feel abandoned but its better than ending up dead or in jail because mommy dearest is too lazy to teach him right from wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM

If time outs don't work can you make him clean? Clean until he can not take it any more. Washing floors with just soap and water or doing the laundry, dusting, washing walls, raking the yard. Not exactly corporal punishment but not fun either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured