Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F@cking bi**h or sweet friend?? EDITED. You are right, I am wrong!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Soooo, my ds goes to a friends house to spend the nite. His 13th bday is coming up this weekend. She makes him a cake and writes happy 13 birthday and his name. Then sends me a Facebook message and tell me that she did it, but that she did not put candles on it because "that's mommas job"

On one hand, I think it's sweet, we have been friends a loooong time and this will in no way affect our friendship. On the other hand, my ds only becomes a teenager once, shouldn't the whole cake thing be "mommas job"?

*******ok, ok, I get it. I'm the bitch for getting concerned about it. We have a strong sense of tradition, and me making special cakes was one of them.. Yes,I will still make a cake for him. Yes, she will still come to his party. Yes, I've gotten my panties unwadded.

Thanks for your input!! :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (41-45):
BellaByrdie
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I think its pretty awesome.  Myself i would be touched she thought of my kid like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
No, just pretend.......

Quoting latina213:

4REAL?

kmrtigger
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I get where you were coming from. But I am glad you thought about the issue and have gotten over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Thank you! It was gut reaction!!

Quoting kmrtigger:

I get where you were coming from. But I am glad you thought about the issue and have gotten over it.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM

if you werent trying to make an issue of it you wouldnt have felt the need to post about it on cm.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really trying to make an issue out of it, just got a little butt hurt.

Quoting Hanab818:

I can't believe you are trying to make an issue out of your friend celebrating your child's birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)