Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meatless?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

I need some meatless dinner ideas other than spaghetti type meals, pizza, sandwiches and breakfast dinners... No one eats soup or beans... I'm trying to cut our grocery bill down some but coupons for things we actually use are rare, I've been getting things on sale as much as I can, as well as in bulk, but I want to try cutting it down a little more still and going meatless 1-2 nights/week is the only other idea I have!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hatinnd
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Google vegetarian recipes.

NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Quesadillas? Salads?
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Tempeh tacos, Shepard's pie with meatless crumbles, stuffed peppers, eggplant 'pizza', falafel, stir fry, miso/udon, tofu scramble...I could go on, haha...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Why no soup or beans? Have you tried crock pot pinto beans or black bean soup? Cheap and very filling. My family loves it.

Eggplant is a good meatless option, as are mushrooms and olives.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Florentine lasagna is one of my favorites, also Gnocchi with roasted veggies and goat cheese, eggplant Parmesan, stir fry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hgibsonorc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm vegetarian and have lots of ideas:

Walnut meat tacos (soak walnuts overnight and then put in food processor with cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder and use as you would a taco meat)...but wait...that can get a little spendy depending where you get your nuts. Anyway, I top it with pico, guacamole and cabbage

Zuchinni noodles with pesto or alfredo

Fruit with cashew cream, topped with pecans

Pupusas (homemade corn tortillas filled with bean and cheese, served with pickled oregano cabbage and salsa)

I make a lot of other dishes that are more complicated but these are easier ones. Other cheap and easy ideas are nachos, quesadillas, veggie stir fries and yakisobas, veggie enchiladas with rice, and I really love a simple fruit, veggie, hummus, cheese plate for dinner. Hope this helps!

susieQ680
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM

do u have a receipe for pupusas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Forgot about quesadillas :)  salads are hard cause of the kids, my oldest won't eat them and my youngest on table food won't eat lettuce at all I usually do it as a side/filler for dh and I though

Quoting NotTheirMom99:

Quesadillas? Salads?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)