Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what are you reading?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 117 Replies

What is the most recent book you've read and what are you currently reading?

I just finished reading Beautiful Stranger which was entertaining but really just a dumb trashy romance novel.

I'm currently reading The Hallowed Ones. I'm not too far in it but its a dystopian novel that features a young Amish girl and some sort of global threat, I guess its zombies but they don't come out and tell you and I'm not too far in. Its awesome.

ETA Other recent books are Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe / Restaurant at the End of the Universe which is a great Brittish Scifi comedy and Almost Perfect, a ya book about a high school boy growing up in a rural area in Missouri who falls in love with the new girl in school and then finds out she's actually a boy.

Come join us in Cafe Who! Discuss New and Classic Who, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures and anything BBC, speculate on upcoming episodes, share memes and make some new friends!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandydesiree
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Beautiful Stranger is just another Twilight fan fiction turned Into a published Novel, just like 50 shades of grey. I read both years ago.

I am currently reading the Mortal Instrument Series, I tried reading it a while back, but I didn't immediately get sucked into it. I watched the preview for the movie and it looked pretty good, so I'm giving it another try. I'm in book 2 now.

Before that, I read the Life As We Know It series. It was really good.
NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
The most awful book lol. The cover says it is engaging but I am not engaged! The Next Best Thing
kailalaila
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I am re reading Dark Lover by J.R.Ward
VannaMae307
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
World war z, by max brooks
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Im reading the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Ewwww people actually read? Gross! Nerd alert!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM
50 Shades of Grey and Twilight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM
The only books I read are the Bible, Nicholas Sparks, Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I am reading the Game of Thrones series. I can't remember the last book I read before that because I went on a comic book kick for a little while.
areles
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

i just finished 'this book is full of spiders'.   which is fucking brilliant.  am now reading the author's first one, 'john dies at the end.'  also awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN