Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh wow! Puberty!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok I already knew daughter was starting puberty. She will be 10 the end of this month. A month or so ago she started getting pubic hair. Just a few strands. 

Today she asks when she should start shaving. I tell her that the hair on her legs isn't hair that needs to be shaved. It's still the fine, light colored "baby hair". I tell her that when she gets under arm hair that she needs to shave it. 

She then informs me she has under arm hair. I was In disbelief. She showed me. Sure enough some random pit hair, but dark enough and long enough that it needed to be shaved! 

She was nervous, so I did it for her to show her what to do and so she would know what to do. 

Oi I don't like this! I want her to be a little girl still! 

All I remember about myself is starting my period in 6th grade, but not how long it was after I started getting pubic hair and under arm hair. 

And her pubic hair is really filling in faster than I expected! 

At least she is comfortable enough to tell me these things are happening! 

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

My kids are only 3 and 1...I dread the day puberty hits...

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

It just all seems to be happening so fast all of the sudden! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Dd will be 9 this month. And I soooo dread it. I got my period at 10 :/
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

I handled sons puberty much better. I mean boys just have to shave their face. Girls have to wear bras, shave and get periods.... So much more to deal,with with girls! 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Yeah, my son just turned 11 and he is already getting a mustache..I'm freaking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Yep.. I'm heading into this with my son, he's 10.5. My girl will be right Behring him I suppose, yay...not.
paganmommy4
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Dun dun dun.... hair comes before the period.. when she gets breasts... Worry

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM

LOL yeah, but if he's anything like his dad, I'm giong to have to keep him from chasing the girls too...my husband was a wannabe man whore lol. 

Quoting ROBIN-C:

Quoting CrimsonRose01:

I handled sons puberty much better. I mean boys just have to shave their face. Girls have to wear bras, shave and get periods.... So much more to deal,with with girls! 

debbie26
by Debbie on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM
My dd is going on 8 and we just got pass the getting training bras a few months and not the ones that look like bras but however i so dread puberty, good luck i believe mood swings will start soon if not already
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM

wow that is young!!  My DD is 9, will be 10 in Feb.  she is developing breasts and I just got her a couple of crop top bras to wear!!   She has not started on the hair or anything though.   let the fun begin!!  lol.   Oh and I am getting the tears all the time over anything and everything hahaha  oh the joys!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)