Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is kind of embarrassing. My confession. Wow! My first featured post!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
J3
  • 618 Replies
26 moms liked this

I am 35 and I just used tampons for the first time last week.  I was always scared to use them.  I always heard about how much they hurt or felt strange.  I was visiting my in-laws and it was super hot and they have a pool and I didn't want to miss out on swimming with my kids so I bought some.  I had no idea what I was buying and felt foolish in the store.  (Like any one could tell I had no idea what I was looking at.)  Si I just bought something that looked heavy duty because I have really heavy periods for the first 2 days.  I tried them and....

I freaking love them!  LOL  I went swimming with my kids, they are WAY cleaner, I could not even feel it, I almost forgot I was having my period at times.  

So what kind do you recommend I get?  I'm still a newbie.  What is good for super heavy flows?

Holy crap this is featured!

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starbuckmom03
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM
12 moms liked this

I use the compact ones from Tampax, I think when I am not using my diva cup.  I use my diva cup and love it.  Takes some getting used to putting it in but I am a pro at it and like you, forget that I even have my period!

I like the compact ones from Tampax cause they are small for my purse and fit in my hand or pocket and no one knows.

hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the suggestion.  I think I want to try to work my way up to the cup I hear so many good things about them.  Baby steps!  LOL

Quoting starbuckmom03:

I use the compact ones from Tampax, I think when I am not using my diva cup.  I use my diva cup and love it.  Takes some getting used to putting it in but I am a pro at it and like you, forget that I even have my period!

I like the compact ones from Tampax cause they are small for my purse and fit in my hand or pocket and no one knows.

areyouatroll
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this
i like the ob ones or the diva cup
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I use Playtex super. They are in a pink box.
hopeym23
by J3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM

The cup is popular.

Quoting areyouatroll:

i like the ob ones or the diva cup

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
16 moms liked this
I use tampax Pearl. I have a light flow so I get the regular ones. I love them. I've always used them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I've tried them a few times and don't like them. Luckily i don't get my period more than a couple times a year, so i don't have to deal with it.
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
11 moms liked this

I did a little cheer for you

anotherandree
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

When I used tampons, Tampax Pearl and I think they were the compact is what I used too.  Now all I use is my Diva Cup.

Quoting starbuckmom03:

themissheather
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
12 moms liked this
OB hands down! There is no applicator, so you have to insert them with your fingers, but they are super absorbent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)