Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel sorry for my neice....Vent

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My neice just turned 2. She is up right this minute watching tv, playing, & walking around the house. My sister & her husband(father) is passed out on the couch. They live 4 hrs from me, they had some business to take care of here in the morning. But my sister has no idea she's up or even me being up. I woke her up and told her she was running down the hallways @3 am. She said "she does this every night, but at home I just close her door & she can play or go to sleep or whatever." Like seriously? I wanted to punch her. 3-4 months ago my niece's arm almost got cut off cuz they were not paying attention to her. They had a huge 20lbs glass car bank in thier room and she was climbing into the pack n play well she fell and landed ontop of it on her chest. It shatter and sliced her arm all the to the bone from the top of her shoulder to her elbow. She was flown to another hospital. It just pisses me off that she does not pay more attention to her kids, she has 2 boys 4 & 6 also. They're with their real dad in another city. I have to be up @ 5 to get my 2 kids up & off to daycare, I have yet to go to sleep. I don't work but I have things to do and cannot sleep all day either. I can not tell her anything cuz she tries to flip shit around & we'll get into a heated arguement and I'll probably hit her for being so damn stupid and irresponsible........ & of course my mom takes her side so she's no help..
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:52 AM
I am. My husband will be home Tuesday we're going to take a trip down to her house and talk to them. My husband has more of a stern attitude and will walk out with my neice if he wants. Done it before and she didn't say anything, she came and got her 2 days later.

Quoting Anonymous:

if it were me, and something happened to my nephew (niece in your case), I would feel liable. you see the danger, she obviously doesn't. I'd keep trying!

Quoting Anonymous:

Her 2 boys are 6 hrs away at their dads house. She's just hard headed & does not like to take advice or opinions from anybody else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I.think.there is a big difference between a difference in child rearing, and the dangers she's putting her toddler in to.

I.hope she listens! even if she gets angry and defensive, keep.your cool. your words still might sink.in.

with three kids maybe she's.just overwhelmed and doesn't know how to.gain control over her children.?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll talk to her again when she gets up and I will let you know what she says. We both avoid trying to "talk" to each other about how we raise our children cuz we do it totally different.

Quoting Anonymous:

well you are criticizing her parenting, but you're doing it out of concern for your nieces safety. I say you should try to talk to her again, bring to her attention the dangers that her daughter is in, and that waiting until something serious happens before she makes changes is not the way to go!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in a situation were I have no choice but to put my kids in daycare. But I can not say anything to her. I have before and it turned into a huge arguement that left us not speaking for 7 months. Still don't actually talk. I've tried being nice she thinks I'm criticizing her parenting....

Quoting Anonymous:

so you don't work but put your kids in day care?

rather than ragging on her out of anger, maybe you should just have a sit down heart to heart with her and express your concerns in a non -aggressive fashion?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM
wow ...

maybe CPS needs to get involved to give her a wake up call??

Quoting Anonymous:

I am. My husband will be home Tuesday we're going to take a trip down to her house and talk to them. My husband has more of a stern attitude and will walk out with my neice if he wants. Done it before and she didn't say anything, she came and got her 2 days later.

Quoting Anonymous:

if it were me, and something happened to my nephew (niece in your case), I would feel liable. you see the danger, she obviously doesn't. I'd keep trying!

Quoting Anonymous:

Her 2 boys are 6 hrs away at their dads house. She's just hard headed & does not like to take advice or opinions from anybody else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I.think.there is a big difference between a difference in child rearing, and the dangers she's putting her toddler in to.

I.hope she listens! even if she gets angry and defensive, keep.your cool. your words still might sink.in.

with three kids maybe she's.just overwhelmed and doesn't know how to.gain control over her children.?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll talk to her again when she gets up and I will let you know what she says. We both avoid trying to "talk" to each other about how we raise our children cuz we do it totally different.

Quoting Anonymous:

well you are criticizing her parenting, but you're doing it out of concern for your nieces safety. I say you should try to talk to her again, bring to her attention the dangers that her daughter is in, and that waiting until something serious happens before she makes changes is not the way to go!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in a situation were I have no choice but to put my kids in daycare. But I can not say anything to her. I have before and it turned into a huge arguement that left us not speaking for 7 months. Still don't actually talk. I've tried being nice she thinks I'm criticizing her parenting....

Quoting Anonymous:

rather than ragging on her out of anger, maybe you should just have a sit down heart to heart with her and express your concerns in a non -aggressive fashion?
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:23 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm guessing because you are a POS parent who lost custody to your mom.

OR that you don't even have any kids.

You are no better than your sister, or you would be with your children during the day if you don't work.

If you refuse to stand up for them then you're a POS. if you can't because you lost custody you are a POS! And if you live with mom and dad and let them support you and that's why you refuse to make choices for your own children then you are a POS!

Now, if you simply WANT your kids in daycare and that's why they are in if, then you're not a crap parent. But you've already said that's not true.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's confidential, that's why I have yet to say..

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, but why???  why do they HAVE to go???

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom takes them to daycare. I hate it. I do not want them in daycare. I don't.work and it's a waste of time & money that the go. But I cannot change the situation I'm in.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you "have" to put them into daycare???  and having to get up at 5am??  that is really early, those poor things should still be in their beds asleep.  I can understand if you have to work, but you say your not,  what is the reason????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I have custody of my kids. My mother does not support me I pay my mothers bills thank you. You have no clue what the fuck is going on. I'm not fucking my life up telling you what is going on in my life with my children. As I said before it's CONFIDENTIAL..... now please take your shitty ass attitude somewhere else.

Quoting MotherLady:

You are no better than your sister, or you would be with your children during the day if you don't work.

If you refuse to stand up for them then you're a POS. if you can't because you lost custody you are a POS! And if you live with mom and dad and let them support you and that's why you refuse to make choices for your own children then you are a POS!

Now, if you simply WANT your kids in daycare and that's why they are in if, then you're not a crap parent. But you've already said that's not true.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom takes them to daycare. I hate it. I do not want them in daycare. I don't.work and it's a waste of time & money that the go. But I cannot change the situation I'm in.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you "have" to put them into daycare???  and having to get up at 5am??  that is really early, those poor things should still be in their beds asleep.  I can understand if you have to work, but you say your not,  what is the reason????

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM
I hate to break it to you but if you want to SAH with your kids and they are going to daycare against your wishes for ANY reason that means that you are putting something else above your kids.

That is shitty.

Not my attitude. I have zero respect for someone who won't do what they think us best for their kids. I personally think daycare is healthy for a child. You said you don't want your kids in daycare, so you need to be a mother and not have them in daycare!

How can you have any respect for yourself if you won't stand up for what you want for your kids!?

Whatever the situation is, if it causes something you didn't want for your kids you shouldn't be in it.

Period!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have custody of my kids. My mother does not support me I pay my mothers bills thank you. You have no clue what the fuck is going on. I'm not fucking my life up telling you what is going on in my life with my children. As I said before it's CONFIDENTIAL..... now please take your shitty ass attitude somewhere else.

Quoting MotherLady:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I'm not putting something else before my kids. You have no idea whats going on & it's none of your business. I don't want them in daycare but that does not mean I'm able to keep them home.

Quoting MotherLady:

I hate to break it to you but if you want to SAH with your kids and they are going to daycare against your wishes for ANY reason that means that you are putting something else above your kids.

That is shitty.

Not my attitude. I have zero respect for someone who won't do what they think us best for their kids. I personally think daycare is healthy for a child. You said you don't want your kids in daycare, so you need to be a mother and not have them in daycare!

How can you have any respect for yourself if you won't stand up for what you want for your kids!?

Whatever the situation is, if it causes something you didn't want for your kids you shouldn't be in it.

Period!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MotherLady:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM

how about anonymoulsy tipping cps off to what's going on?

Caitlyn137
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM
So what if she uses daycare and dose not work, is she required to work full time to have daycare. Ps why do women judge women who use daycare. I think its BS

Quoting Anonymous:

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Wondering the same things.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Jealousy? I have no clue. I've asked before and they just got bitter.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

So what if she uses daycare and dose not work, is she required to work full time to have daycare. Ps why do women judge women who use daycare. I think its BS

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)