Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel sorry for my neice....Vent

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My neice just turned 2. She is up right this minute watching tv, playing, & walking around the house. My sister & her husband(father) is passed out on the couch. They live 4 hrs from me, they had some business to take care of here in the morning. But my sister has no idea she's up or even me being up. I woke her up and told her she was running down the hallways @3 am. She said "she does this every night, but at home I just close her door & she can play or go to sleep or whatever." Like seriously? I wanted to punch her. 3-4 months ago my niece's arm almost got cut off cuz they were not paying attention to her. They had a huge 20lbs glass car bank in thier room and she was climbing into the pack n play well she fell and landed ontop of it on her chest. It shatter and sliced her arm all the to the bone from the top of her shoulder to her elbow. She was flown to another hospital. It just pisses me off that she does not pay more attention to her kids, she has 2 boys 4 & 6 also. They're with their real dad in another city. I have to be up @ 5 to get my 2 kids up & off to daycare, I have yet to go to sleep. I don't work but I have things to do and cannot sleep all day either. I can not tell her anything cuz she tries to flip shit around & we'll get into a heated arguement and I'll probably hit her for being so damn stupid and irresponsible........ & of course my mom takes her side so she's no help..
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Her 2 boys are 6 hrs away at their dads house. She's just hard headed & does not like to take advice or opinions from anybody else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I.think.there is a big difference between a difference in child rearing, and the dangers she's putting her toddler in to.

I.hope she listens! even if she gets angry and defensive, keep.your cool. your words still might sink.in.

with three kids maybe she's.just overwhelmed and doesn't know how to.gain control over her children.?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll talk to her again when she gets up and I will let you know what she says. We both avoid trying to "talk" to each other about how we raise our children cuz we do it totally different.

Quoting Anonymous:

well you are criticizing her parenting, but you're doing it out of concern for your nieces safety. I say you should try to talk to her again, bring to her attention the dangers that her daughter is in, and that waiting until something serious happens before she makes changes is not the way to go!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in a situation were I have no choice but to put my kids in daycare. But I can not say anything to her. I have before and it turned into a huge arguement that left us not speaking for 7 months. Still don't actually talk. I've tried being nice she thinks I'm criticizing her parenting....

Quoting Anonymous:

so you don't work but put your kids in day care?

rather than ragging on her out of anger, maybe you should just have a sit down heart to heart with her and express your concerns in a non -aggressive fashion?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:40 AM
My mom takes them to daycare. I hate it. I do not want them in daycare. I don't.work and it's a waste of time & money that the go. But I cannot change the situation I'm in.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you "have" to put them into daycare???  and having to get up at 5am??  that is really early, those poor things should still be in their beds asleep.  I can understand if you have to work, but you say your not,  what is the reason????

Candie1015
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM
That is what I am saying though...they do home visits during the day and things are good during the day right? Since they don't do them at night they will need prof....I know it is hard seeing what happened last time but you need to think what would you prefer your neice being safe or yoir sister talking to you. Or at the very least tell CPS it isn't during the day so day visits wont do any good and let them know they lock her in her room. If you don't wanna do this bit want your neice safe the only other thong I can think of is offer to watch her at night and get her on a routine schedual so you wont have to worry anoit it any more

Quoting Anonymous:

I've talk to dhr about it and they would not do anything. They did a home visit and said everything was fine. 2 weeks later she moved 4 hrs away from me.

Quoting Candie1015:

O no I got that part honestly I meant worse then that. There isn't much that could be worse then that physically hirt wise but maybe if (please don't get mad just my opinion) her daughter was taken and handed to family like yourself it would make a diffrence??? If not then obviously she really just doesn't want to be a mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

My neice almost had her arm cut off while they was awake & not watching her. They know she runs around at night. They shut her in her room at home so she's not running around the house. Here is a open floorplan & my sister is on the couch.

Quoting Candie1015:

The only way she is going to change is if she sees exactly how bad things are at night. Record her running around at night if you have a recorder....other than that the only thing I can think of and I hate to say this but something really bad is going to have to happen for her to wake up and see jow dangerouse it is

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM
if it were me, and something happened to my nephew (niece in your case), I would feel liable. you see the danger, she obviously doesn't. I'd keep trying!

Quoting Anonymous:

Her 2 boys are 6 hrs away at their dads house. She's just hard headed & does not like to take advice or opinions from anybody else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I.think.there is a big difference between a difference in child rearing, and the dangers she's putting her toddler in to.

I.hope she listens! even if she gets angry and defensive, keep.your cool. your words still might sink.in.

with three kids maybe she's.just overwhelmed and doesn't know how to.gain control over her children.?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll talk to her again when she gets up and I will let you know what she says. We both avoid trying to "talk" to each other about how we raise our children cuz we do it totally different.

Quoting Anonymous:

well you are criticizing her parenting, but you're doing it out of concern for your nieces safety. I say you should try to talk to her again, bring to her attention the dangers that her daughter is in, and that waiting until something serious happens before she makes changes is not the way to go!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in a situation were I have no choice but to put my kids in daycare. But I can not say anything to her. I have before and it turned into a huge arguement that left us not speaking for 7 months. Still don't actually talk. I've tried being nice she thinks I'm criticizing her parenting....

Quoting Anonymous:

so you don't work but put your kids in day care?

rather than ragging on her out of anger, maybe you should just have a sit down heart to heart with her and express your concerns in a non -aggressive fashion?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I've talk to dhr before they did a home visit and said everything was fine. 2 weeks later she moved 4 hrs away from me. My neice has been climbing out of hercrib since she was 14 months old and wondering around. So II've been dealing with this for awhile.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I would be venting in a letter to cps right now. My 2 year old daughter is awake right now and hey, guess what, so am I. I do know that some people keep their kids in cribs for as long as possible or use a pack and play so that if their child wakes up and is ok to sit and play by themselves in the safe, contained environment, then fine. But being left to roam a whole house by herself, especially one that she doesn't even live in is not ok. You need to make it clear to your sister that she has to either take responsibility for her child or you'll take the appropriate action.

GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Take video of it and show it to the authorities. A couple of years ago someone did that when their friend was smoking pot around their infant and thought nothing wrong with it. Yeah the cops thought differently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah, but why???  why do they HAVE to go???

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom takes them to daycare. I hate it. I do not want them in daycare. I don't.work and it's a waste of time & money that the go. But I cannot change the situation I'm in.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you "have" to put them into daycare???  and having to get up at 5am??  that is really early, those poor things should still be in their beds asleep.  I can understand if you have to work, but you say your not,  what is the reason????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:48 AM
This is the first time I've seen her since they moved 4 hrs away 2 months ago. I got her sitting down now.

Quoting Candie1015:

Well maybe next time yoi fo to cps bring prof of the danger she is in. Idk any cps worker that is gonna come out at night and that is when she is in danger. So if you have a video camera or a recorder you can plave somewhere without them knowing I would go for it. It wouldn't hurt to try and get records from the hospital either or atleast remember tje date and what hospital and cps will do the rest. She wont be taken away forever they give parents a chance to get their kids back but it will take time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM
That's confidential, that's why I have yet to say..

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, but why???  why do they HAVE to go???

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Didn't think of it. I got her calmed down watching tv now.

Quoting GrinningCheese:

Take video of it and show it to the authorities. A couple of years ago someone did that when their friend was smoking pot around their infant and thought nothing wrong with it. Yeah the cops thought differently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN