Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel sorry for my neice....Vent

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My neice just turned 2. She is up right this minute watching tv, playing, & walking around the house. My sister & her husband(father) is passed out on the couch. They live 4 hrs from me, they had some business to take care of here in the morning. But my sister has no idea she's up or even me being up. I woke her up and told her she was running down the hallways @3 am. She said "she does this every night, but at home I just close her door & she can play or go to sleep or whatever." Like seriously? I wanted to punch her. 3-4 months ago my niece's arm almost got cut off cuz they were not paying attention to her. They had a huge 20lbs glass car bank in thier room and she was climbing into the pack n play well she fell and landed ontop of it on her chest. It shatter and sliced her arm all the to the bone from the top of her shoulder to her elbow. She was flown to another hospital. It just pisses me off that she does not pay more attention to her kids, she has 2 boys 4 & 6 also. They're with their real dad in another city. I have to be up @ 5 to get my 2 kids up & off to daycare, I have yet to go to sleep. I don't work but I have things to do and cannot sleep all day either. I can not tell her anything cuz she tries to flip shit around & we'll get into a heated arguement and I'll probably hit her for being so damn stupid and irresponsible........ & of course my mom takes her side so she's no help..
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
Replies (51-60):
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM

my kids have to be in daycare sometimes because my seizures get to bad.  We have no idea why this women needs daycare, And honestly who the hell cares.  Its not my life. Its not your life

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't being rude, just curious. if one is not working, I can't think of a reason a kid would need to be in day care unless the parents in school or something.

and definitely not knocking day care! I grew up in the in home day care that my grandmother ran through most of my childhood, and had my youngest in day care From 6 months to 4 years when I had the opportunity to become a SAHM.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

So what if she uses daycare and dose not work, is she required to work full time to have daycare. Ps why do women judge women who use daycare. I think its BS

Quoting Anonymous:

so you don't work but put your kids in day care?

rather than ragging on her out of anger, maybe you should just have a sit down heart to heart with her and express your concerns in a non -aggressive fashion?

baby growth

Caitlyn137
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she wants sometime for herself. Life is short and enjoying it is key. Not stereotypes of the perfect working super mom who throws the best dinner parties without ever needing help. If she wants to join a bowling team or read books without her kids, daycare gives her that option.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't being rude, just curious. if one is not working, I can't think of a reason a kid would need to be in day care unless the parents in school or something.

and definitely not knocking day care! I grew up in the in home day care that my grandmother ran through most of my childhood, and had my youngest in day care From 6 months to 4 years when I had the opportunity to become a SAHM.

Quoting Caitlyn137:

So what if she uses daycare and dose not work, is she required to work full time to have daycare. Ps why do women judge women who use daycare. I think its BS

Quoting Anonymous:

rather than ragging on her out of anger, maybe you should just have a sit down heart to heart with her and express your concerns in a non -aggressive fashion?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Wait...the kid won't sleep so you gave her cookies? Good thinking. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Right! I gave her some warm milk a cookies to fill her up but she is wide awake so I'm an awesome aunt and gonna stay up with her watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse =) my mom is like my sister just went right to bed knowing she's awake and not knowing I'm up.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Wow, sounds like a couple of winners... poor baby. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Thanks and sorry about your health =(
I just would rather not discuss on a social network

Quoting missmamaof4:

my kids have to be in daycare sometimes because my seizures get to bad.  We have no idea why this women needs daycare, And honestly who the hell cares.  Its not my life. Its not your life

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Lol yea they are sugar free. She's still up playing too

Quoting bmw29:

Wait...the kid won't sleep so you gave her cookies? Good thinking. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Right! I gave her some warm milk a cookies to fill her up but she is wide awake so I'm an awesome aunt and gonna stay up with her watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse =) my mom is like my sister just went right to bed knowing she's awake and not knowing I'm up.

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Wow, sounds like a couple of winners... poor baby. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I was just curious as to why ...

do you use that time to get errands and chores done? or take some you time? or do you put them in so they have exposure to other children in a controlled social environment?

just honestly curious...

Quoting Anonymous:

Rather I'm working or not it doesn't matter if my kids are in daycare.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Quoting Anonymous:

missmamaof4
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I dont blame you!  I was reading these replies and im like ugh i hope she doesnt tell people they dont deserve to know.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks and sorry about your health =(
I just would rather not discuss on a social network

Quoting missmamaof4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Caitlyn137:

Quoting Anonymous:

baby growth

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, YOU'RE making it a big deal with all your "I don't want them in daycare but.." and "confidential" crap. It really makes it sound like YOU aren't allowed alone with your children. Seriously, it was only originally asked by a couple moms out of curiosity and you turned it into a a big top secret, classified information deal, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does it matter if they are or not while I'm working or not? Y'all act like it's going to kill somebody if they out thier kids in daycare while not working.

Quoting Anonymous:

THIS.....

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, but why???  why do they HAVE to go???

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom takes them to daycare. I hate it. I do not want them in daycare. I don't.work and it's a waste of time & money that the go. But I cannot change the situation I'm in.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you "have" to put them into daycare???  and having to get up at 5am??  that is really early, those poor things should still be in their beds asleep.  I can understand if you have to work, but you say your not,  what is the reason????

SnowWhieQueen
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM

i had kids that wont sleep at night...maybe shes tired and not sure how to get the baby to sleep..toddlers are hard..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Confidential??  For crying out loud!  You are on a CM forum AND you are posting anonymously.... At this point, I am about ready to call "troll".... either that or you have lost custody of your own kids and they live with your mom and she puts them in child care because she actually works for a living, whereas (by your own admission) you do not....

Quoting Anonymous:

That's confidential, that's why I have yet to say..

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, but why???  why do they HAVE to go???

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom takes them to daycare. I hate it. I do not want them in daycare. I don't.work and it's a waste of time & money that the go. But I cannot change the situation I'm in.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you "have" to put them into daycare???  and having to get up at 5am??  that is really early, those poor things should still be in their beds asleep.  I can understand if you have to work, but you say your not,  what is the reason????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)