Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am the evil ex wife.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

That's right I am. I get mad when I don't get my support payments. I get mad when my ex desides at the last minute he doesn't want our son.

We have been seperated for 2 years divorced for 1. I may see $100 a month of the$500 I am owed. In 2 months he has only seen our son 1 Saturday from 8am-4pm. He is "too busy" and "has work to do" to take our son. It has always been hit or miss.

Well yesterday he got a letter in the mail that I am taking him to court to up support and change the custody agreement. 

I got one nasty text from his gf about how I can't do that and how I will make her and her kids life bad. I did tell her the only person I worry about  is my son.

He is now 5 and he doesn't even ask about his dad or anything.

Am I evil?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:33 AM

no not at all. Dads get away with so much!!

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I was under the impression that most ex wives were evil no matter the situation? lol

I dont really think you're being evil. You're right your first priority should be your child. Tho upping child support when it's already 500 a month does make me curious... how much does your ex make?  Upping it seems a bit much.

And does he have any kids with this gf of his? Or are her kids from a previous marriage/relationship as well?

LetoLiebe
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No

sunrisekn
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. Get 'em momma. You are putting your child first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I agree with your sentiment, but would change it to "Non-custodial parents get away with so much!!"

And to the OP- no, you are not evil.  You have every right to be concerned about the welfare and support of your son.  

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Signed ~ A custodial step-mom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I should be getting $900 a month I agreed to the $500 before I knew that.  No they don't have kids together she has 2 with her ex.

Quoting XnikoX:

I was under the impression that most ex wives were evil no matter the situation? lol

I dont really think you're being evil. You're right your first priority should be your child. Tho upping child support when it's already 500 a month does make me curious... how much does your ex make?  Upping it seems a bit much.

And does he have any kids with this gf of his? Or are her kids from a previous marriage/relationship as well?

Madismom29
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM

No, you are a mom and you are putting your child first. My BM is just like you EX-DH. She wouldnt show up, would change her mind last minute and wouldnt pay support. Be strong, you are doing the right thing.

ulvulrn
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM
There's nothing evil about expecting the man that you had a child with to stand up and actually be a man. You owe girlfriend and their new child together absolutely nothing. Your ex is the one renigging on his part of the parental contract. If she has issues with anyone it needs to be him. if I were her, I would be far more upset by the fact that your ex can so completely throw away a child considering she also has a child with him.
yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM

well am not u so butt out. i say what i want thanks!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with your sentiment, but would change it to "Non-custodial parents get away with so much!!"

And to the OP- no, you are not evil.  You have every right to be concerned about the welfare and support of your son.  

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM

For someone to agree with your initial statement, that was a rude response.

Moms flake out on their kids, too.

Quoting yorkiemaz:

well am not u so butt out. i say what i want thanks!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting yorkiemaz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)